Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

KARPEN PILE

Started by Philip Hardcastle, May 22, 2014, 10:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomodoro

Quote from: profitis on July 15, 2014, 05:17:36 AM
And there it is,the gadget,beautiful,breathtaking.is the tip of that Ag-AgCl electrode our Ag electrode pomodoro?? How did you seal the fit through the top of the borosilicate flask?

Yes that is the Ag electrode.  On the box it said metallic electrode. Dates back to at least the 70's I think, a company called titron made it. 

As mentioned, the gadget is not quite ready. I plan to use ground glass quickfit fittings where I can, rubber where I can't. I found a cylinder of hydrogen so will try to hook it up tomorrow to slam dunk the needle!  I'll take a video of the event, good or bad! 

profitis

Exquisite pomodoro.if you've got some type of silicone grease lying around to coat all fittings before you squeeze them in place it'l help gaurd against air sucction.I'm very paranoid about air leaks because I've seen the force with which that anode wants to combine H2 in air.I've had holes vaccuum-punctured through thick plastics in experiments after sealing due to air being left in containers.what we are doing now with the gadget is best ie.flowthrough purging.holding thumbs for the test here..

pomodoro

No need to worry about leaks profitus , H2 will be passed constantly on top of the electrolyte for this test.  If it works, next one will be sealed, but in another, smaller and better suited setup.

PS I think the secret is in the that huge positive current peak you see in the Pd cyclic voltammetry. When the adsorbed H does this: H -> H+ +e- (or the more correct alkaline expression)  , as the voltage is forced in the anodic direction but still very negative at about -0.7V (vs Ag/AgCl). 

Basically, H2 was generated at the very cathodic potential and much collected on the Pd.  It was forced off as the scan reversed direction. A peak of 37mA is discharged! It depends on the scan rate, but the coulombs will be the same regardless of the rate.  Compare with the Ag scan, nothing at all happens in the reverse direction. No H2 was captured by the metal.

In the gadget, H2 in the electrolyte will be collected by the Pd  and  oxidized 'discharged' if the Ag /H2 can bring it more anodic than the -0.7 V.  It will be interesting to measure the individual electrode potentials just before shorting, and the shorted potential as well, vs Ag/AgCl.

If it works and the Ag side reduces water, to H2 then we are in business professor!

profitis

Adsorbed H2 will be oxidized at the anode,water reduced at cathode even at 0.01v overpotential difference pomodoro so long as there is overpotential difference.this is what brings certainty to the whole class of cells of this type.its really only a matter of current that gives the thing power and potential commercial viability.I've seen voltages peak at 1.1 under pure H2 before at maximum saturation this is why its important to get all the parameters and info sorted before sealing.these cells behave much like a compressed spring,quick to discharge,slower to recharge it depends on the materials.you can split-second-touch-discharge it on that meter with a few seconds in between to show its power impressively continuously.buisness is not the word pomodoro,history is the word for gadget if all goes smooth.this is the first time in history that a H2 powered karpen will be broadcast live and along with it a macro- kelvin law discrepency to boot.holy shit what are we doing lol!

mscoffman