Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Unbelievable: Tesla coils were built long before Tesla?

Started by Shanti, July 14, 2014, 09:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanti

I just stumbled upon this page:

http://lateralscience.blogspot.ch/2012/07/victorian-tesla-coil-with-reference-to.html

And it is really baffling.
As it seems, already in the 1850s a Tesla coil was built, looking exactly like today's which had 5000 galvanic batteries as power source, and about a 1500 turns secondary.
It made about 3 yards sparks. Impressive.

And even more baffling is the attached medieval picture of something that clearly looks like a Tesla coil.
Was history so wrong???
Theoretically one sure could do that with the help of steam electricity to charge up the leyden-chars.

What is your thought about this story?

I have a bit a hard time believing this is real. Anyone knows, how credible this source is?
I think it is probably a joke of some kind?

Edit:
Ok, I had a look around. It seems it is really just a neat story, without any correspondance to truth.

Sorry to have bothered your time.

Farmhand

Yeah, somehow I don't think .577 nitro-express rounds were available at the local sports store in Victorian times.  :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.577_Nitro_Express

QuoteI have Hodges ensure that all livestock are removed from the vicinity, but on one occasion the buffoon allowed a bullock to blunder into our experimental area. Its last act was to smell one of the rods. The beast dropped as though hit with a .577 nitro-express round.

Artoj

From Arsonval biography "The two key investigators of electrophysiology during the nineteenth century were Jacques Arsene d'Arsonval and Nikola Tesla. d'Arsonval independently reported similar observations on the physiological effects of high frequency currents before the society of biology in Paris.  In early 1892, Tesla met d'Arsonval on a lecture tour of France where Tesla was pleasantly surprised to find that d'Arsonval used his oscillators to investigate the physiological effects of high frequency currents."

CANGAS

The letter reads perfectly like a literary tale, not like a real letter from a friend to a friend. STRIKE ONE.

Smokeless powder cartridges did not come common availability until about 1892. Until then the explosive in any commercially available gun cartridge was composed of powdered charcoal, powdered sulphur, and, powdered potassium nitrate. No cartridge was called NITRO anything until 1892 when cartridges containing NITROcellulose began to be manufactured and sold. If I am guessing correctly about the time frame  here, Faraday had gone up to be spinning with the cosmic magnetic vortexes a handful of decades before then.  STRIKE TWO.

Tesla had invented the concept of alternating current and extensively sussed it out long before the claimed date of the tete a tete. I think it is unlikely that somebody else would have also discovered alternating current and recognized its quality to change voltages in a transformer prior to Tesla. His prof in Serbia decades before (or wherever) called him crazy to believe that ac would work. Somebody else beat Tesla to doing important research with an ac transformer Tesla coil? I don't believe it. STRIKE THREE! YOUR OUT!

CANGAS 52