Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lifter with HV power source

Started by pavqw, September 07, 2014, 05:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starcruiser

I built a lifter some years ago using a car coil, GM coil controller and a signal generator to drive the controller which is basically a darlington pair switcher (switches the ground line to the coil).

You could try a cheap flash circuit perhaps to generate enough tension to create lift.

BTW, the RC helicopters (I fly them) can consume high current when the disc is loaded. There are smaller ones, less than 12" in length which uses a single cell Lipo battery (3,7v) at 500maH and can do most of what a larger one can. Most of the motors are brushless with Neo magents for the field and PWM controllers for the drive, these can be 80+% efficient in operation.

For those looking to hafve a smaller power suppluy (battery) Lithium Polymer Batteries can source high current for short periods of time, the 500maH pack i mentioned above can source several amps at 3.7v. The larger packs come in various voltages, the most used are 12v, 24v and 48v configurations, the larger packs have a higher current sourcing ability up to several hundred amps.

a 24v 5000maH pack with a 35C discharge rating can source  5 x 35 = 185 amps for a short period of time without damaging the pack.
Regards,

Carl

pavqw

Yes, I know LiPo batteries are very powerfull and quite lightweight.

I believe that there is not big interest in building so light and so specific power supplies, there is nearly no reason to do it.
So I think there are lot of areas of possible improvements.

I am PCB engineer so I want to try some experiments with this.
Also I believe that we can create much better concept of the lifter.

By the way, why we should believe NASA? We should test it ourselves if it really does not work in vacuum at all.
That mean, we should make own decissions and get to own results.

pavqw

Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGN65lse5yE

By the way I am in a process of building/designing very light HV power source.
It could weight around 20g only with output power approximately 200W.

I will share all needed data and schematics if this goal is achieved sucessfully soon.

pavqw

It seems ION propulsion is there for more than 40 years right now and is very efficient and already used by NASA and others for years.

For example Deep Space 1 was first module with Ion Thruster released in 1998. And as I understand it uses very same principle as Ion Wind in our Lifters.
Of course there are some modifications so it differs from ion wind lifter. For example Ion magnetic accelerator, very similar to this used in CRT displays.
Instead of air it uses an exotic gas, mostly it is Xenon.

It is known that it is cca 50x more efficient than Jet propulsion. Deep Space 1 achieved 4.2km/s speed, so for me and lot of scientists this propulsion is very worth and _IS_ designed for deep space flights too with such modifications.

conradelektro

Quote from: pavqw on September 12, 2014, 06:29:46 PM
Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGN65lse5yE

By the way I am in a process of building/designing very light HV power source.
It could weight around 20g only with output power approximately 200W.

I will share all needed data and schematics if this goal is achieved sucessfully soon.

From my lifter experiments I recall, that a lifter does not need straight DC, it could be pulses or even spikes. But the pulses or spikes have to go in one direction (AC will not work). So, one does not need smoothing capacitors but at least one high Voltage diode is necessary (to rectify the current coming from the secondary of the high Voltage transformer).

Polarity is important. Once you have built a lifter switch plus and minus around and test which way works best. Negative air ions are heavier than positive air ions, therefore you want to shoot off negative air ions.

The higher the Voltage the better, starts to work with 20 KV, I used 37 KV  from a colour monitor (very dangerous, be careful, wear gloves).

Greetings, Conrad