Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Using a resistor to messure power consumption of a circuit.

Started by tinman, September 12, 2014, 02:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritz

Hi MarkE,

I didn´t propose nor mention a filter (because a proper driver stage must have one anyway;-)))

Cynical people connect the rise of OU with the availability of cheap DMMs.....

Anyway, if a setup meant to be used to measure efficiency of something hooked up to a generator - the efficiency of the generator should be part of the loop.

rgds.

MarkE

Quote from: fritz on September 17, 2014, 04:50:03 AM
Hi MarkE,

I didn´t propose nor mention a filter (because a proper driver stage must have one anyway;-)))

Cynical people connect the rise of OU with the availability of cheap DMMs.....

Anyway, if a setup meant to be used to measure efficiency of something hooked up to a generator - the efficiency of the generator should be part of the loop.

rgds.
The dream of something for nothing is much older than DMMs.  I suppose that having a numeric readout may may measurements seem more legitimate to some than dancing needles.

fritz

Quote from: MarkE on September 17, 2014, 05:15:59 AM
I suppose that having a numeric readout may may measurements seem more legitimate to some than dancing needles.
Some day (1995)  I attended a conference hosted by power companies with presentations of master thesis projects of the local university.
Some guy presented a mock up to measure photovoltaic networks. Obviously his approach to measure current ended up in an almost unusable noisy signal.
2/3ds of his thesis covered the clever ways he invented to smooth and integrate this noisy signal in the digital domain.
I didn´t even dare to ask why he didn´t use low noise opamps or appropriate circuitry - because he explained to me that on measuring a signal - the last digit of the DMM jumps anyway - so there is too much noise on any signal - and thats the legitimation why his master thesis is so important. OMG.

tinman

One step at a time. The end goal is to have an onboard SG, so as to get an accurate P/in measurement-probably just a fet fed by a cap and triggered by the SG. Then we just measure the DC power flowing into the cap.