Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Double pawl magnetic ratchet

Started by DreamThinkBuild, October 16, 2014, 02:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamThinkBuild

Hi All,

Here is another half baked idea of using a double pawl magnetic ratchet setup to drive a wheel.

gyulasun

Hi DreamThinkBuild,

You have a clever idea, perhaps other members here can come up with issues why it could not work, I like it. 

The rpm of the wheel would be rather low but this is not a serious drawback of course.  The number of teeth for the wheel and the strength of the repelling magnets should be found experimentally to have the least unwanted interaction between the moving magnet fixed on the arm of the rachet and the magnet which is the right hand side neighbour of the (just repelled) embedded magnet in the wheel.   Friction of the rachet magnets should also be minimized on the slope side of the teeth.

Any hope for a build attempt?    8)

Greetings, Gyula

gdez

This one really caught my eye. Add a pendulum and or spring it could be interesting. too busy for any building right now though.
Good luck
Gdez

forest

Question is : do you have resources to build your ideas ?

DreamThinkBuild

Hi Gyulasun,

This will take a lot of experimenting to get right. Shorter teeth might be needed or the lever magnet may just float instead of actually pushing. Friction can be minimized by making the pawls curved so there is less surface area. I'm already doing some rough tests to see how feasible it is. :)

Hi Gdez,

A light spring might be needed to avoid a floating magnet situation. The pendulum idea could work also. Thanks.

Hi Forest,

I have magnets and 3D printer. Should have some more time this weekend to experiment.