Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Moray and Correa tube experiments

Started by pomodoro, November 08, 2014, 11:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomodoro

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 09, 2014, 10:38:41 AM
@Pomodoro:

Just air in the chamber, and the supply in those videos is current-limited at 6 amps input to the driver. The power arcs that form before the vacuum is low enough for glow discharge are very hot and I do not want to take the chance of cracking my glass hemisphere, which is half of a bathysphere designed and tested to great depths of water pressure.

Awesome, thanks TineslKoala, you have given me some good ideas already, that of using a glass dessicator.

kator, thanks for the link. I had come across an abridged version but yours is much better.  Those Correa patents are rather long and need to be read many times over.  The moray tube seem to me to be capacitor type cold cathode tubes that would need to be tested with rf only. In a quick preliminary test, I found that a few thousand volts from an oudin coil easily 'pass through' the quartz tube to the inner metal cylinder creating a type of brush discharge. This was done with air and no vacuum, trying to test Morays first type of sparking condenser. 

Since I'm starting from scratch I'm not rushing into Correa or Moray but need to get all my facts and theories right, so absolutely any input is welcome.   Here is one silly question, why does a neon bulb oscillate when it is in series with the power supply with a 10M resistor. Voltage  of supply is held very close to extinction , there is no capacitor parallel to bulb. Oscillaton looks like a relaxation sawtooth. Voltage across neon bulb oscillates in the khz range.  This is in the negative resistance region but its not a sine wave and also, lead inductance and stray cap should be in the MHz region?
This is not a trick question. The large 10M resistor converts the voltage supply into a current source.  At 3000V there is still only  300uA flowing.  When the voltage supply is turned off, its internal 4uF cap starts to discharge and the current through the bulb decreases slowly. Voltage across the bulb stays steady at about 70V all this time, while its in the normal glow discharge regime. Then it starts to rise slightly while the current still falls, hence the negative resistance, and the oscillations begin, then as the current drops further, voltage rises across bulb and bulb extinguishes.  Frequency of these oscilations depends on voltage (or current). The oscillations are not visible but measured with the oscilloscope.

pomodoro

Just a quick update on my progress, and to keep the thread alive while preliminaries are being sorted.

In my first post I mentioned starting at basics, well I learned what not to do and managed to trace a few current voltage curves, but nothing worth mentioning. I also managed to blow fets and the signal generator in the process.  I've fixed everything and build a fast opto isolator mosfet driver so this won't happen again.

My first Correa tube is nearly ready for testing. Its not the same as in the patents, but was mentioned briefly in one of them and in some other literature from them. It is of a coaxial design with a copper tube cathode  and a small aluminum rod in the middle acting as the anode.
The area of the anode is similar to that as utilized by the Correas ~128 sqcm. The reason for this design over the  flat parallel plates found in the patent description is the following :
Aspen's notes on the tubes, and the possible importance of a smaller anode to cathode area ratio
Ease of manufacture
Ease of cathode cooling
Similarity to Clancy Britton's OU tube.

Aluminum was probably a better choice for the cathode as it has very low sputtering and a lower work function, but I was unable to find a suitable tube.

Torr-Seal epoxy was used to join the tube and rod to polycarbonate sheets.

Another change is how I will try to get OU out of it. The correas use a strange rectifying circuit to charge battery packs. To me it seems very inefficient and not the way to go. It also reminds me of bedini's pulse chargers, which as we know are easily criticized.
I plan on using the tube in a configuration similar to Duddel's singing arc  (and poulsen's use of hydrogen and ethanol,) at audible frequencies, perhaps even lower.
Hydrogen seems the way to go but initial tests will utilize Argon.

I'll soon attach all the documents I've been reading and using as reference. Hopefully some of you will help me along. A few pics will also be attached once I've beautified the ugly tube.

Meanwhile, take a look at the attached pic as found in their patent. It is meant to capture the excess energy released as the tube is pulsed. Its not made very clear in the patent description, but from my experience the tube oscillates as part of a relaxation circuit made by the resistor feeding the tube and charging the capacitors  parallel to the tube.  The resistance needs to be small enough to enable the tube to stop conducting when the capacitors have discharged.The patent is US5449989.

pomodoro

This is my attempt at a correa gas discharge tube.

ramset

Sir
Respectfully ,This does work  [Correa Bros.}
we have a fellow here that did a lot of _Correa_ experiments "Marco" [ XSEnergy, Turbo] and I absolutely believe his replication claims.

you should reach out for him he is a good Guy.

also we have a friend looking into similar _Excess energy_ Vacuum chamber claims By Arie De Geus
if you are interested I can post some info

thx
Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

pomodoro

Thank Chet, yes please send any info you have. The more the better.

Cheers