Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The new generator no effect counter B. EMF part 2 ( Selfrunning )

Started by syairchairun, November 09, 2014, 09:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

If you read a voltage drop of 4 volts across a 100 ohm resistor , what is the corresponding current? If your supply voltage is 12 volts, what is the corresponding power dissipated in the resistor?

If you read a voltage drop of 4 volts across a 0.1 ohm resistor, what is the corresponding current? If your supply voltage is 12 volts, what is the corresponding power dissipated in the resistor?

If your resistor is a 1/4 Watt rated resistor, what do you expect to happen in each case?

Grumage

Quote from: TinselKoala on January 16, 2015, 10:54:04 PM
If you read a voltage drop of 4 volts across a 100 ohm resistor , what is the corresponding current? If your supply voltage is 12 volts, what is the corresponding power dissipated in the resistor?

If you read a voltage drop of 4 volts across a 0.1 ohm resistor, what is the corresponding current? If your supply voltage is 12 volts, what is the corresponding power dissipated in the resistor?

If your resistor is a 1/4 Watt rated resistor, what do you expect to happen in each case?

Dear TinselKoala.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH such ambiguity !! Deliberate ??  :)

AC or DC Volts ? Carbon or Wire wound Resistor ?

From what you Guy's have taught us..... I will choose DC voltage and a non inductive Carbon resistor. We can safely use Ohms law.

Question 1.  V/R = I.  40mA.                P= V squared/ R = 1.44 W.

Question 2. V/R = I.  40 A.                   P= V squared/ R = 1440 W.

As you, and a number of others have frequently told us, only a pure sine wave will give an accurate RMS value for AC voltage.

Your final question.  The resistors Wattage rating is it's capability to dissipate that energy as heat safely without it's composition being degraded. In both cases our 1/4 W resistor would do it's job, getting hot in the process, however heating would occur and destruction would follow. In the latter case quite catastrophically !!

Did I pass ?  :)

Cheers Grum.

NoBull

Quote from: Grumage on January 17, 2015, 08:34:37 AM
Question 1.  V/R = I.  40mA.                P= V squared/ R = 1.44 W.
Question 2. V/R = I.  40 A.                   P= V squared/ R = 1440 W.
Correct

Your final question.  The resistors Wattage rating is it's capability to dissipate that energy as heat safely without it's composition being degraded. In both cases our 1/4 W resistor would do it's job, getting hot in the process, however heating would occur and destruction would follow. In the latter case quite catastrophically !!
Correct
There is on gotcha though.  If the current is not DC and the duty cycle is very low, e.g. 0.1% then the 0.25W resistor will survive the 1440W hits with brief pulses, just fine.

As you, and a number of others have frequently told us, only a pure sine wave will give an accurate RMS value for AC voltage.
Only in cheap multimeters and using the calculation VRMS = VP-P * 0.3535534
Most oscilloscopes can calculate the RMS value even for arbitrary funky waveforms ...including high frequency ones.

tinman

Quote from: Mister Caribbean Roots on January 17, 2015, 11:19:00 PM
Just some updates on this spinning ring magnets setup... :D

Two ring magnets...south facing in...Push Mode one... ;D 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=690tYFZUbjE

Two ring magnets...south & north facing in...Pull Mode one... ;D 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9IWKFDwdrY

One ring magnet & one full iron rotor...Pull Mode also... :o 8) ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjZU1W93_Xo

These updates/tests takes about 30min to do so what you see here is only a tiny bit of it...otherwise it would be a long boring video...lol... ::)

In these videos one can clearly see the basic workings of the magnetic field of rings magnets when they are spinning... ;D 8) :o
Guess i only need a coil now that doesn't slow down the drive side and i'm done...???...lol... ::)

Good thing is also the fact that the leds are not flikkering in the 3rd video sooo...stable output... ;D... 8)
Wicked
Heaps of video's to watch over dinner.
Way to go brother.

T-1000

Quote from: Mister Caribbean Roots on January 17, 2015, 11:19:00 PM
One ring magnet & one full iron rotor...Pull Mode also... :o 8) ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjZU1W93_Xo

Hi,

Wonder if you can place stationary magnet and put iron fan blades on rotor next to it and then place a coil next to it. Then it will be close setup to first post in thread and you will start seeing all weird things me and Grum are seeing...

Cheers!