Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse motor build off time.

Started by tinman, November 15, 2014, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramset

TinMan
Harvesting EMP from the HHO "event"...
I wondered what he was trying to do!!

Now I see why all the interest....

Tom
I agree that rules will help focus the contest,maybe there should also be peoples choice
award??

it is a good thing that Brad and Russ started ,it just needs some adjustment as it grows.
competition has always been a stimulus for advancements in technology.

thx

Chet

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

Jimboot

Quote from: TinselKoala on December 22, 2014, 06:58:52 PM
While I do think Jeremy's motor was interesting, I have to side with Tom on this one, pretty much. If a "win" is granted because someone says "hey, my motor is planned to use (insert whatever speculative power source here) but I haven't put that part in yet" then anything goes, right? I mean, my linear pulse motor is planned to use Tesla cosmic-ray collectors for power, but I just haven't had time to build that part yet. So how many extra points should that get me, then?  (I couldn't even enter because I couldn't get on to Russ's forum to post an entry anyhow.)

I'm not sure if I would make the restrictions so strict as Tom, but perhaps there should be some limit on input power source(s) and definitely the entry should be judged on what is actually presented, not what is planned for some future modification. And some consideration should be given for using different phenomena, like the Core Effect. I liked Jeremy's entry because of the use of electrostatic propulsion. And Jeremy gave me some suggestions and ideas for my own linear PM that I was playing around with earlier. But power from EMP from HHO implosions? I'll believe in that when I see it. Maybe.

This would have been my entry if I had been able to enter it. I'm not pretending it could have been a real contender but perhaps it shows a thing or two unexpected and maybe would give some people some ideas about circuit strategy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGmbN1CzmsQ

I loved your entry TK. It's gotta be tough being a judge. At least the year I won the entries were no where near as sophisticated as this year. They were insanely good. That is the main point of the competition of course, to share ideas, get out and build something. I was blown away by the quality of the entries.

Jimboot

Yeah I think Tom's should have been in a build off with Russ :)

gyulasun

Hi Mister Caribbean Roots,

A bit late in reflecting on you long post (Reply #197, Page 14, http://overunity.com/15095/pulse-motor-build-off-time/msg427802/#msg427802 ) but I have more time now...  8)

Okay on your using the welding rod for the core, this minimizes eddy currents, especially, if the rods are deliberately isolated from each other in the 'circular pile'.

So all in all you seem to be at home with 'such things', as the proverb says: 'Practice makes perfect'.   :)

Keep up the good work and Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.

Gyula

Pirate88179

Interesting that Mark Dansie posted on RG that he also thinks that Tommy's entry should have been 1st place.  Nothing against the judges but I also agree with this.  Water under the bridge and all but...hopefully we can all learn from this.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen