Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Urine flammable gas and Urine powered generators

Started by markdansie, November 17, 2014, 03:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: qtrhack on November 17, 2014, 11:06:10 AM
it doesn't sound like it is a new idea:

http://www.ohio.edu/engineering/ceer/research/urea.cfm

Would you please provide a sketch or a reference for a "urine molecule"? Urine is not urea. Urine contains only 2 to 4 percent by weight of urea. Most of the rest is ordinary water. There is no such thing as a "urine molecule".

qtrhack

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 17, 2014, 11:45:00 AM
Would you please provide a sketch or a reference for a "urine molecule"? Urine is not urea. Urine contains only 2 to 4 percent by weight of urea. Most of the rest is ordinary water. There is no such thing as a "urine molecule".

above my pay grade to analyze it ... i just produce ;)

just passing along what i found looking into it and again it doesn't look like it is something new - going back to 2009.  the following states that 'The group initially tested their process with 'synthetic' urine made of dissolved urea, but also showed that the process works just as well with real human urine.':

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/2009/July/02070902.asp

markdansie

Actually none of this is new. It actually takes less energy to break down urine or urea in solution into hydrogen than with water electrolysis, there is a lot of well documented work on this at Universities. However I thought this was a good tongue in cheek story. It was not meant to fire up the lynch mob lol
Mark

TinselKoala

No lynch mob, exactly! Just the usual complaints about proper use of terminology ("urine molecule" cracked me up) and the examination of the numbers.

For example the concentration of urea, OCNH2NH2 , in "non-turbo" urine is pretty small, like 4 percent or so, and the urea molecule masses 60 Daltons of which only 4 are the 4 hydrogens. So less than 10 percent of the urea, by mass, is hydrogen. So that is not much hydrogen from the urea in normal urine, I think. So perhaps it is easy to split off the hydrogens, or some of them, leaving things like ammonia and perhaps free oxygen or even HCN behind. But how much hydrogen and other (very toxic) gases are you going to get from urine, really?
Does the urea somehow catalyze the electrolysis of the water itself? That would be cool but I don't see how it could happen. But I'm no electrochemist after all.

Pirate88179

All you really have to do is to pee on an electric fence.  I have done it...I do not suggest anyone else try this.  Ah, I miss the old college days.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen