Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Mutual respect, prejudice, safety, and personal responsibility

Started by MileHigh, February 13, 2015, 10:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimboot

Quote from: MileHigh on February 16, 2015, 05:59:09 PM
Well you are wrong.  I was simply disagreeing with him and my choice of words in the context of the subject matter and the facts was reasonable.
..and that's why I pay scant attention to what you write. You might be a very knowledgeable bloke but you think calling someone pretentious whilst anonymously hiding behind a keyboard is ok. Not someone I want to associate with. No disrespect but anyone who thinks like that... well enough said.

MileHigh

SeaMonkey:

I'm not playing your game, period.  Wait a week and read back your two postings and see how ridiculous they are.

Sarkeizen:

I agree with you that it's ridiculous to think that people are paid to post here.  There are indeed people that have extreme views and that's where nobody wants to become a statistic.  I honestly think that you too could tone down your rhetoric.  Sparring is fine and all that but we really should try to keep things civil.

Jimboot:

Honestly it feels to me like your brain is frying.  You tried to mock me and make your little smiley face and I called you on it.  Now you have painted yourself into this crazy corner where you are trying to claim that the use of the term "pretentious" is offensive which is simply and utterly ridiculous.  You are afraid to even answer the question that I posed squarely and directly to you.  And you better believe it that I want to hide behind a keyboard but it's not for the reasons you are stating.  You need to take some time to chill out and unfry your brain.

MileHigh

SeaMonkey

Quote from: Sar-Ke-Izzzzzen
What I tend to feel about the "shill" comments is bored.  I think I've said this before if someone really and truly believed that say someone like myself got a literal check, cash, ETF, paypal (whatever the shadow government is using these days - Bitcoin?) when I criticize people.  I would find that terribly interesting.  I would absolutely love to talk to someone like that.  I've had a couple of chances to talk to people who have limited delusions and I found it fascinating. 

Sar-Ke,

As a Forum-Man of some experience and ability
surely you must be aware that what you've laid
out as a modus operandi is erroneous.  Of course,
your intent is to obscure your true purpose for
being here and to present the image of innocence.
Just a wee bit o'research into how "shills" operate
and who sponsors them would have removed all
doubt from your pretended lack of comprehension.
You do try... ::) :P

However what seems far, far, far more plausible is that this is just an attempt to insult people.  "shill" is being in about the same respect that the word "asshole" would be used.

Aye, that is to a large extent what it has devolved
to.  But, in reality, as 'insults' go, 'Shill' is very, very
mild.  Some could even consider it a compliment. 8) ;)

I have no idea what set of social mores are expected on this part of the internet but if we're talking about self-moderation (or a more authoritative kind) then one I think needs to ask what kind of outcome one wants.  If someone wants to have interesting discussions.  Then I suggest that at least two people need to be communicating around some point.  In which case the people who post a lot without advancing the point are probably the people who should curb their posting (or have it curbed).

Noble sounding words.  Will they pass the
time honored Sincerity Test? :o ::)

However if the point is to have traffic on a site from people who would click on ads about "Bedini Advanced Handbook" then clearly one would want the greatest number of wingnuts posssible.

And, there we finally have it.  Your True Colors
displayed for all to see!  Many Thanks Sar-Ke!
A Superiority Complex second only to Bonaparte
himself! ;D :-* ;) :)

Aye Sar-Ke, you do try... :'( :'(

Jimboot

Quote from: MileHigh on February 17, 2015, 12:44:05 AM
SeaMonkey:

Jimboot:

Honestly it feels to me like your brain is frying.  You tried to mock me and make your little smiley face and I called you on it.  Now you have painted yourself into this crazy corner where you are trying to claim that the use of the term "pretentious" is offensive which is simply and utterly ridiculous.  You are afraid to even answer the question that I posed squarely and directly to you.  And you better believe it that I want to hide behind a keyboard but it's not for the reasons you are stating.  You need to take some time to chill out and unfry your brain.

MileHigh

Bloke, I'm merely pointing out that you purport to want respect but you then use language that is contrary to that. I'm making observations you're making accusations. One member is pretentious and apparently now my brain is frying. I chose not to respond to your question because it had nothing to do with this thread. It's good to know though that everyone can call you pretentious and you won't be offended or consider it disrespectful.

MileHigh

The problem is that your observation is dead wrong.  Using the term "pretentious" or "disingenuous" when appropriate is not being disrespectful.  Posting a "don't feed the trolls" sign when it is not appropriate is being disrespectful.  That puts you in a self-contradictory position assuming that you agree that we should treat each other with mutual respect.

Do you think insulting and demeaning someone online actually means you like them?  Yes or no?