Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Test Equipment: Oscillocopes

Started by MarkE, February 14, 2015, 04:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Yep, it supposedly is on the local brown truck for delivery today --- sometime today. The last one was dropped off around 7:30 pm, at the wrong house next door.
I spray-painted our house number on a big piece of cardboard and put it on the front porch.... maybe that will help the driver get oriented...

I'm watching the front-porch security cam on the computer, watching for the Brown Truck... yesterday I saw them about 6 times driving past on the street, haven't seen any yet today. I'm afraid to go make lunch, might miss something while I'm in the kitchen.

Brian516

I don't blame you.   On the days that I was expecting an equipment delivery I actually stayed home just to make sure I was there to get it as soon as it arrived, and I kept checking for it outside and constantly reloading the tracking page....   and I will be doing this again on Sat or Mon for my freq counter.  I live directly off of a high traffic state road, though, so it's doubtful anyone would be bold enough to steal something off my front porch or garage door. Ya never know, though.   I'd be even more anxious if I were waiting on something like your scope! 

TinselKoala

What frequency counter did you wind up getting?

Brian516

Tektronix CMC251.  1hz - 1.3Ghz w/ precision 10Mhz reference oscillator (and self-check function).  :)
   I don't know if it has the Ratio A/B function, but it appears to be very close to mint condition like the CFG253, it's from the same seller, and I got quite a deal on it.  I d/l'ed the Manual, but still didn't catch anything on Ratio, but didn't fully go thru it yet.
   I think the ones they had donated to them like these Tek's may have been some university's property that were tucked away somewhere as spares.  The top of the CFG253 had sharpie on it of some stock-type designation number, there is zero wear on it, but a few of the push in-out type selector buttons have a whiter area on top from where they had been left pushed in for such a long time. They are evenly toned, which leads me to my conclusion of university back-stock - rarely - if ever used prior to initial testing. 
   I've got my fingers crossed that the counter is the exact same.   :)

It's a TCXO not an OCXO, but it's probably the closest I'll get to super-ultra precision for under $100 and in (hopefully) fantastic condition.

TinselKoala

Good find, sounds like you got a good deal. Unfortunately it does not have Ratio A/B, but it does have Period and Totalizer functions.

Here's what it looks like inside:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/tektronix-cmc251-frequency-counter/