Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

crystal radio: the first real free energy device

Started by franco malgarini, February 16, 2015, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

TK:

Yes, your photo is exactly what mine appear to be.  Glass tube and all.  I may be mistaken on why I ordered them..about 6 years ago. I thought it was for the Bedini...but I might be wrong.  I will look at one under my microscope to see if there is any number on them...or...is there a color code for these like resistors?

I think I remember someone on a topic here saying that real germanium diodes were getting scarce and folks should get some before they are gone.  I bought about 50.  Did I send you some in that package?  I might have as they are in the same container as my 2N3055 transistors from my Bedini projects.  I might not have either...it is hard to say at my age...ha ha.

All I know is that I have missed 2 days of work here due to 12" of snow!!!  I do not get sick, vacation or any weather related days so...no pay.  I am going in the a.m. even if I have to walk the 6 miles to get there.  Oh, Thursday, they are calling for up (or down?) to -27 degrees with the wind chill, which is great as I work outside.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Pirate88179

Here is as close a photo of my diode as I could get.....

Probably not real clear but...best I could do at the moment.

Bill

PS  I just checked one of my Bedini motors...I did use a 1N4007 on them.  I bought a handful of those at the same time.  Sorry for my confusion.

TinselKoala

Yes, I think you maybe did send me a few of those. They look like 1n60 to me, which is a 100V germanium, similar to 1n34a but just a little higher voltage. Fine for crystal sets.

No, these won't have any numbers or color bands, just a black band or end for the Cathode. The one I've got with the color bands is the only one I've ever seen that looked like that. I don't remember where I got it, either.

Pirate88179

Quote from: TinselKoala on February 17, 2015, 05:12:34 PM
Yes, I think you maybe did send me a few of those. They look like 1n60 to me, which is a 100V germanium, similar to 1n34a but just a little higher voltage. Fine for crystal sets.

No, these won't have any numbers or color bands, just a black band or end for the Cathode. The one I've got with the color bands is the only one I've ever seen that looked like that. I don't remember where I got it, either.

Thanks.  So black is -, very good to know.  I will try building a simple set once we thaw out around here.  I just checked again, for Thurs. they are now calling for -28 with the wind chill.  Tomorrow is only -9 so, not as bad....ha ha.

Bill

pomodoro

TK, how far are you from the transmitter? 3V+ and a few mA is quite a huge signal.
I tested a few Ge transistors, using the base emitter as a diode and none give the same amplitude as a 1970s unbranded Ge signal diode.