Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Let's get Slider (aka Mark Vaughan) a nice 4-channel DSO with math functions!

Started by ramset, February 20, 2015, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeg

Thanks for the advice Tinsel! I really don't want to make again the same mistake that I did before some months, when I both destroyed my analog oscilloscope and my frequency generator together! One shot! In just a moment I put myself out of experimentation for a long time. Anyway. We learn from our mistakes. Some times cost a lot but eventually we learn something! I hope..

Jeg

Hi guys
The baby came!  ;D What a nice toy! My first dso and I am really very excited!

Tinsel your lights please!
What is the maximum voltage that I can measure when the probe is set to X10 ?

I can't get the high voltage probes that we discussed above and so I am thinking to build this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUvSP3BQpvs

Do you think that by placing a lower value capacitor instead of 2nF will correct the response to higher frequencies? 

TinselKoala

Jeg, congratulations on your new instrument! The RP2200 probes that come with the Rigol DS1054Z are rated to 300 VAC in the 10x setting and 150 VAC in the 1x setting. (Category II). The scope inputs themselves are rated 300 VRMS (Cat I).

I can't say anything about the home-made HV probe. If you do decide to build one yourself, I can only say... Be Careful!  I also don't know about the capacitance question. Better safe than sorry... use a probe that's designed for the purpose.

ramset

Jeg
Congrats on the new Scope, Rigol has very good customer support and service worldwide .

Chet K
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

Jeg

Thank you Tinsel, Chet :)

I got it Tinsel, it is a risk! Ok, I will try to locate a hv probe. The problem is that my country is under capital controls and is not allowed to order anything from eBay or any other international company. Thanks God I found this Rigol here, and very close to the original $399 price.