Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Looking for help with basic understanding of faraday disk (please explain)

Started by Ragnor, March 03, 2015, 09:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnor

Hello, I have spent several days now trying to wrap my head around the whole concept of the unipolar generator. I have developed a fairly clear understanding of many aspects of the device. I could easily build a working model given the materials. However there is a part I do not understand. Nor has any of the untold number of text I have read explained.

What actually occurs in the disk to produce the current? (induction obviously) OK, but what is the disk? (A conductor) OK, but how does the current flow? (in a radial pattern according to lenz law) OK. But why does the current flow? ? ?

(1) The best I can understand is that the disk is a thin section in profile of a very large wire. Is this correct?
(2) Does the current flow in a direct path from center to edge? Does the current move by a centrifugal force?
(3) does the current flow in a spiral pattern? Golden mean or otherwise...
(4) what actually causes the migration of electromechanical force?
(5) can anyone illustrate the flow path of the current in the disk? Does anyone know?
(6) along the flat plane of the disk does a current gradient exist from center to perimeter?
(7) does disk thickness effect current?

Those are questions I have not been able to find answers to on the internet
actually in reading my own questions I think I have determined some of the answers. interestingly enough.
However I will leave them in the hopes that persons with better understanding might impart they're knowledge to me.

Thanks, I know they are very basic questions. But as I stated I was unable to find the answers on the internet.

TinselKoala

Quote from: Ragnor on March 03, 2015, 09:31:25 PM
Hello, I have spent several days now trying to wrap my head around the whole concept of the unipolar generator. I have developed a fairly clear understanding of many aspects of the device. I could easily build a working model given the materials. However there is a part I do not understand. Nor has any of the untold number of text I have read explained.

What actually occurs in the disk to produce the current? (induction obviously) OK, but what is the disk? (A conductor) OK, but how does the current flow? (in a radial pattern according to lenz law) OK. But why does the current flow? ? ?

(1) The best I can understand is that the disk is a thin section in profile of a very large wire. Is this correct?
Yes.
(2) Does the current flow in a direct path from center to edge? Does the current move by a centrifugal force?
Yes. No.
(3) does the current flow in a spiral pattern? Golden mean or otherwise...
No. However see Tesla's modified design for HP dynamo and his Notes concerning the dynamo.
(4) what actually causes the migration of electromechanical force?
The motion of a conductor crossing "lines" of a magnetic field.
(5) can anyone illustrate the flow path of the current in the disk? Does anyone know?
The current flows in a direct path between the axis of the disk and the point on the periphery where the other contact is made. Yes, this is known by many people.The rotation of the disk affects this path.
(6) along the flat plane of the disk does a current gradient exist from center to perimeter?
There is a gradient of current _density_ from center to perimeter, especially if there are multiple contacts on the perimeter.
(7) does disk thickness effect current?
Yes.
Those are questions I have not been able to find answers to on the internet
actually in reading my own questions I think I have determined some of the answers. interestingly enough.
However I will leave them in the hopes that persons with better understanding might impart they're knowledge to me.

Thanks, I know they are very basic questions. But as I stated I was unable to find the answers on the internet.
You might try looking at Tom Valone's "Homopolar Handbook" where many of these questions and topics have been gathered together and discussed.

shylo

Hi Ragnor, I liked those questions.
TK, Thanks for the answers.
Do you have any links for that book?
Thanks artv

DreamThinkBuild

Hi Ragnor,

Welcome to the forum.

Hi TinselKoala,

I have that book, it's pretty interesting.

Here is a challenge, maybe, lets say you use a liquid metal like Galinstan in a petri dish between two ring magnets to create a uniform field through the liquid.

Now you have two stationary wires one on the outside radius of the liquid and one near the center.

In the top of the petri dish is a small hole where a shaft from a micro-motor, 4vdc@14k-16krpm, goes into the liquid but has a small stirrer attached to it.

How would the output be calculated when the liquid metal is stirred into an irrotational vortex or would it generate an output between inner and outer wire?

I haven't tried this yet but it has been bugging me for a while.