Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Overunity motor, part3, all 4 recharging bats reading at 1.400 volts now.

Started by stevensrd1, March 17, 2015, 08:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sm0ky2

This was after blowing out a dozen transistors, and realizing I had to increase the load to consume the power build-up.
the base resistor was selected using a scope and a box full of different resistors,
to achieve as close to the resonant frequency as I could without fine tuning a vr

I added a 7-inch IRON core inductor, with no secondary. The purpose was to act as a 'resistor', that would fluctuate with the AC output.

adding only normal resistors, with a diode, only limited it in one direction, the collapsing field would still send a spike that blew up the transistor.

The JT had no problem energizing this large iron core, and still lighting up the LEDs
And in this manner, I got the circuit to maintain itself without power overload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9RgjAgSQOg

[edit] The iron core was fed off a 3rd coil, ran parallel to, but not physically connected to the secondary.
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

MileHigh

Sm0ky2:

You are still stuck on talking about resonance and giving examples of resonance.  You are saying that "I don't get it" but the problem is that your examples don't even apply to a Joule Thief.

The JT transformer is not even being excited with a continuous signal.  It sees a voltage source across its terminals when the transistor is on and then it sees nothing, no excitation, when the transistor is off.

I will use "inductor" instead of "transformer" for the discussion below.

Transistor on:  The inductor is being energized.  Current flow through the inductor starts at zero and starts to increase linearly.  During this phase battery energy is being stored in the inductor and the LED is off.

Transistor switches off:  Now you have a circuit like this:   Battery -> inductor -> LED.    Here the inductor "looks like another battery in series" but that's a simple easy-to-grasp way of stating it.  To be more accurate the inductor acts like a discharging current source with a finite amount of energy.   The real circuit is this:   Battery -> current source -> LED.

The battery and the inductor current source will discharge into the LED until the inductor runs out of energy.  Because it's a current source, you can just as easily discharge into 20 LEDs.  When there are 20 LEDs instead of one LED, the inductor will discharge more quickly.

That's the basic cycle for a Joule Thief.  It has nothing to do with the self-resonance of the inductor.  Since the stimulation for the inductor is <voltage clamp> <nothing> <voltage clamp> <nothing>  there is no real mechanism for self-resonance.

A Joule Thief is nothing more than a mechanism for energizing an inductor and discharging that inductor through an LED.   You could do exactly the same thing with a 555 timer output controlling the switching of the transistor via the base input.

Pulse-type switching and discharging are not the same thing as self-resonance at all.

If you tried to stimulate the inductor with <voltage clamp> <nothing> <voltage clamp> <nothing> stimulation at the self-resonant frequency of the inductor then the inductor would not discharge nice fat chunks of stored energy through the LED.  Instead, the inductor would be in epileptic seizure territory and just self-resonate due to the voltage clamp pinging from the switching transistor.  There would be no orderly mechanism where the inductor is given sufficient time to discharge trough the LED.   In addition, the actual method for maintaining the operating frequency for the JT requires that the inductor undergo regular energize-discharge cycles.

So all of your links and stuff about self-resonance do not apply.   You are feigning trying to "teach" me here when you are the person that needs to be taught.  That is a huge mistake and I have seen it before.  You need to seriously reevaluate your self-perceived notion of how much you understand about electronics, and how much you understand the operation of a Joule Thief circuit.

MileHigh

MileHigh

I attached an annotated series of waveforms for a Joule Thief.

The red arrow shows the moment the transistor switches off.  You can see how the current that was flowing through the inductor the moment before the transistor switches off becomes the current flowing through the LED the moment after the the transistor switches off.   Then the whole process starts all over again when the inductor is fully discharged.

Do you see any "resonance" in that timing diagram?  The answer is that you don't, you are looking at a switching circuit, a.k.a. a "pulse circuit" and there is no resonance at play.

Pirate88179

Quote from: MileHigh on March 21, 2015, 08:44:12 PM
Sm0ky2:

You are still stuck on talking about resonance and giving examples of resonance.  You are saying that "I don't get it" but the problem is that your examples don't even apply to a Joule Thief.

The JT transformer is not even being excited with a continuous signal.  It sees a voltage source across its terminals when the transistor is on and then it sees nothing, no excitation, when the transistor is off.

I will use "inductor" instead of "transformer" for the discussion below.

Transistor on:  The inductor is being energized.  Current flow through the inductor starts at zero and starts to increase linearly.  During this phase battery energy is being stored in the inductor and the LED is off.

Transistor switches off:  Now you have a circuit like this:   Battery -> inductor -> LED.    Here the inductor "looks like another battery in series" but that's a simple easy-to-grasp way of stating it.  To be more accurate the inductor acts like a discharging current source with a finite amount of energy.   The real circuit is this:   Battery -> current source -> LED.

The battery and the inductor current source will discharge into the LED until the inductor runs out of energy.  Because it's a current source, you can just as easily discharge into 20 LEDs.  When there are 20 LEDs instead of one LED, the inductor will discharge more quickly.

That's the basic cycle for a Joule Thief.  It has nothing to do with the self-resonance of the inductor.  Since the stimulation for the inductor is <voltage clamp> <nothing> <voltage clamp> <nothing>  there is no real mechanism for self-resonance.

A Joule Thief is nothing more than a mechanism for energizing an inductor and discharging that inductor through an LED.   You could do exactly the same thing with a 555 timer output controlling the switching of the transistor via the base input.

Pulse-type switching and discharging are not the same thing as self-resonance at all.

If you tried to stimulate the inductor with <voltage clamp> <nothing> <voltage clamp> <nothing> stimulation at the self-resonant frequency of the inductor then the inductor would not discharge nice fat chunks of stored energy through the LED.  Instead, the inductor would be in epileptic seizure territory and just self-resonate due to the voltage clamp pinging from the switching transistor.  There would be no orderly mechanism where the inductor is given sufficient time to discharge trough the LED.   In addition, the actual method for maintaining the operating frequency for the JT requires that the inductor undergo regular energize-discharge cycles.

So all of your links and stuff about self-resonance do not apply.   You are feigning trying to "teach" me here when you are the person that needs to be taught.  That is a huge mistake and I have seen it before.  You need to seriously reevaluate your self-perceived notion of how much you understand about electronics, and how much you understand the operation of a Joule Thief circuit.

MileHigh

Also, it is the duty cycle and frequency that allows us to "see" the led being "on" when indeed it is only flashing on/off faster than the eye can detect.  Learning this did not bother me as I was after light, and being able to light a large amount of leds on a "dead" battery is useful to me.  We know they are not really "on" but, I just want the light so I don't care. (It looks always on to the human eye.)

Nothing magic or overunity at all with the JT.  It is, however, a very useful circuit in many applications and that I like about it.  In a way, now that I know what I know, it is cheating a bit, but, if the outcome is what is desired then, it works.  Lighting leds with high frequency/high voltage is a great way to get a lot of light with little power drain. (This is more about the advanced JT circuits not the basic ones)

Still, no magic.  No O.U.

At least, not yet, ha ha.

Hey, you never know...right? (Just kidding)

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

jbignes5

I wouldn't pay too much attention to MileHigh.. He is only a distractor and usually give litmus tests to befuddle and never answers anyones requests to answer questions posed to him. Just go to his profile and check his posts.. You will see what his methods are and they are proven by those massive posts. He is a distractor meant to frustrate anyone trying to do any outside of the box thinking. Why because he has an ego the size of Russia and just as filled with gas... Some of it pointless gas.. Just ignore him like I and many others do. He is a self appointed police for this community driven by his many many years of in the box thinking. Only doing what he was told and paid to do, never going outside of that little world and never having an original thought in his whole life.

Take this for what you will he doesn't mater one bit but to the others who "police" this forum. You got to ask yourself who is paying him now?