Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Fifty Quadrillion Dollar Energy Discovery Suppressed!

Started by gravityblock, March 24, 2015, 03:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Quote from: MarkE on March 24, 2015, 07:54:51 AM
The LFTR does not convert 100 percent mass to energy.  It utilizes nearly 100% of the fission energy, whereas a conventional light water reactor utilizes less tan 1%.  LFTRs are still steam boilers, but can produce high temperature steam.  China and India are both working fairly aggressively on LFTRs.

LFTRs promise to be far more resistant to weapons profileration, are massively safer than PLWRs of today, and generate waste that has orders of magnitude shorter half life than PWLRs.  But they still generate radioactive waste, whereas if LENR is real, it supposedly does not.

It's not a steam boiler.  The LFTR can utilize a gas turbine, which has efficiencies above 60 percent.  This is much better than the 0.5 percent for light water and 0.7 percent for heavy water reactors.  When I wrote my previous post, I was thinking how gas furnaces approach 96 percent efficiencies, and applied that to the LFTR without giving much thought to it.

Also, a rare isotope of bismuth from this technology can be used for cancer treatments having a high sucess rate.

What bothers me is how such a technology can be ignored and suppressed for as long as this has been.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

MarkE

Quote from: gravityblock on March 24, 2015, 02:47:48 PM

It's not a steam boiler.  The LFTR can utilize a gas turbine, which has efficiencies above 60 percent.  This is much better than the 0.5 percent for light water and 0.7 percent for heavy water reactors.  When I wrote my previous post, I was thinking how gas furnaces approach 96 percent efficiencies, and applied that to the LFTR without giving much thought to it.

Gravock
The output of a gas furnace is heat.  The output that we are interested in here is electricity.  A LFTR does much better than a PLWR converting available energy to heat, and much higher temperature, and therefore quality of heat than a PLWR.  Gas turbines are not really relevant here because there isn't a combustion chamber.  Exchange fluid heated by the LFTR runs what would be the second stage of a multistage gas turbine set-up. 

gravityblock

Quote from: MarkE on March 24, 2015, 03:04:25 PM
The output of a gas furnace is heat.  The output that we are interested in here is electricity.  A LFTR does much better than a PLWR converting available energy to heat, and much higher temperature, and therefore quality of heat than a PLWR.  Gas turbines are not really relevant here because there isn't a combustion chamber.  Exchange fluid heated by the LFTR runs what would be the second stage of a multistage gas turbine set-up.

I know a gas furnace produces heat.  That is why I said I didn't put much thought into applying the efficiency of a gas furnce to a gas turbine.  You apparently didn't watch the documentary where it says a gas turbine can be used by burning gas for the LIFTR's.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

MarkE

Quote from: gravityblock on March 24, 2015, 03:13:53 PM
I know a gas furnace produces heat.  That is why I said I didn't put much thought into applying the efficiency of a gas furnce to a gas turbine.  You apparently didn't watch the documentary where it says a gas turbine can be used for the LIFTR's.

Gravock
A gas turbine burns fuel in a combustion chamber and the expanding gasses exhaust through the output turbines.  The exhaust gasses are then used to drive a lower pressure turbine set.  A LFTR only has the "exhaust gasses", IE the working fluid heated by heat exchange with the LFTR core.  A LFTR like a PLWR heats working fluid that then drives turbines.  The turbo machinery in a nuke is the back end of the turbo machinery in a natural gas electric plant.

memoryman

I am in the process of reading: 'super fuel' by Richard Martin ISBN 978-1-137-27834-0