Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

'Impossible' rocket drive works and could get to Moon in four hours

Started by Pirate88179, July 29, 2015, 01:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minnie

gravityblock,
              if you've sorted relativistic wave equations, good on you!!
The thing now is how do you change the world?
         John.

allcanadian

@minnie
QuoteThe thing now is how do you change the world?

One step at a time...preferably moving forward. Which raises the question how can we move forward if we are stuck in the past?. I think one scholar had it right, we do not move forward because a new idea is truly accepted we we move forward when those who oppose new idea's grow old and die. So yes it is a waiting game of sorts and much of the nonsense debated here will be debated in the future in the same light as those in the past. Stupid old men debating antiquated concepts by whale oil lamp dictating notes with a quill ink pen... and we are them only the context has changed.

The thing to remember is that while you and I may believe we may understand many things within the context of our ever so short existence here, 85 years give or take, it is but a drop in the ocean. As well some may believe our children can do no better but intuitively we know they will... they will do impossible things we cannot even imagine.

So we should enjoy our own ignorance while we can because those little devil's we call our children will not be buying into our stupidity. I can see that little twinkle in there eye... that same twinkle I had so many years ago when I knew my father was a genius compared to most but I had learned more new things than he would ever know.

So yes have fun with it but do not believe our ignorance will prevail in the future, it is but a stepping stone to greater things we cannot imagine. The trick here is imagining what they might before they do which means your not behind the learning curve but slightly ahead of it...progress. It should be understood that in this day and age with the exponential growth of knowledge growing as it is if your not moving forward learning new things at a fantastic rate your actually falling behind. At which point we might add a little of Einsteins relativity to the equation. If mankind's understanding is moving forward growing at an exponential rate and we are not moving forward at all then where do you think we will be relative to them next year?.  My only answer is...Lost in transition.

AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

MarkE

Quote from: allcanadian on August 13, 2015, 08:09:11 PM
@minnie

One step at a time...preferably moving forward. Which raises the question how can we move forward if we are stuck in the past?. I think one scholar had it right, we do not move forward because a new idea is truly accepted we we move forward when those who oppose new idea's grow old and die. So yes it is a waiting game of sorts and much of the nonsense debated here will be debated in the future in the same light as those in the past. Stupid old men debating antiquated concepts by whale oil lamp dictating notes with a quill ink pen... and we are them only the context has changed.

The thing to remember is that while you and I may believe we may understand many things within the context of our ever so short existence here, 85 years give or take, it is but a drop in the ocean. As well some may believe our children can do no better but intuitively we know they will... they will do impossible things we cannot even imagine.

So we should enjoy our own ignorance while we can because those little devil's we call our children will not be buying into our stupidity. I can see that little twinkle in there eye... that same twinkle I had so many years ago when I knew my father was a genius compared to most but I had learned more new things than he would ever know.

So yes have fun with it but do not believe our ignorance will prevail in the future, it is but a stepping stone to greater things we cannot imagine. The trick here is imagining what they might before they do which means your not behind the learning curve but slightly ahead of it...progress. It should be understood that in this day and age with the exponential growth of knowledge growing as it is if your not moving forward learning new things at a fantastic rate your actually falling behind. At which point we might add a little of Einsteins relativity to the equation. If mankind's understanding is moving forward growing at an exponential rate and we are not moving forward at all then where do you think we will be relative to them next year?.  My only answer is...Lost in transition.

AC
How about evaluating ideas on the basis of reliable evidence?

allcanadian

@Mark E
QuoteHow about evaluating ideas on the basis of reliable evidence?

What is evidence?, I know many people in the oil patch who were driving so drunk that when the cops stopped them they literally fell out of there truck. They never received a fine, no jail time and they were driving the next month. They told me they were guilty as hell but their expensive lawyers could show evidence that apparently ... they were not guilty?...go figure.

You see there is no reliable evidence when anyone can simply change the context of the facts to suit their own beliefs or interests. Evidence is always open to interpretation by those who have something to gain from their own interpretation. So while your "reliable evidence" scenario sounds good in theory I have found it seldom works as planned in reality. Your reliable evidence theory is simply not reliable, lol.

AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

MarkE

Quote from: allcanadian on August 14, 2015, 08:49:32 AM
@Mark E

What is evidence?, I know many people in the oil patch who were driving so drunk that when the cops stopped them they literally fell out of there truck. They never received a fine, no jail time and they were driving the next month. They told me they were guilty as hell but their expensive lawyers could show evidence that apparently ... they were not guilty?...go figure.

You see there is no reliable evidence when anyone can simply change the context of the facts to suit their own beliefs or interests. Evidence is always open to interpretation by those who have something to gain from their own interpretation. So while your "reliable evidence" scenario sounds good in theory I have found it seldom works as planned in reality. Your reliable evidence theory is simply not reliable, lol.

AC
Is is straw man Friday?  What on earth do the inequities of the legal system have to do with scientific inquiry?