Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Inductive Kickback

Started by citfta, November 20, 2015, 07:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlienGrey

Quote from: tinman on February 24, 2018, 10:30:22 PM
When i said !idiots!,i was referring to those that post articles on the net,that do nothing more than tell untruths about how inductors work,which just further confuses those trying to learn the truth.
I was not referring to anyone here on this forum.

Brad
Brad did you say that? sorry no offence I couldn't have read your comment on the tread properly in the tread.
To be honest I had to make up a circuit and re test the theory again for my self just to make sure.
I think TK has a video showing this phenomena ! i will try to re post it if I can find it i'm sure he wont mind  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vyg0NX0zh4
Hmm I wonder if any one will notice  :D
Happy days

AG Allen

dieter

Quote from: citfta on November 20, 2015, 09:56:25 AM[/font]A link to get you started:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InductorI had to leave for a while but now I am back.To answer the question about current flow and opposite polarity,  answer my question about which direction does current flow inside a battery.  Does it flow from positive to negative or the other way round?  And which way does it flow outside the battery?  When you get the answer to that you will understand why polarity can switch on an inductor but the current still flows the same way.Also do you have a way to conduct the test with a 2 channel scope?Carroll
[/font]
In a battery the current flows from the positive pole over a conductor to the negative pole. However, if you attach a battery charger instead of a conductor, then current flows in at the batteries positive pole and out of the negative pole. It requires the charger voltage to be higher than the battery voltage.

Current and voltage have this relationship that there can be voltage without current, like an empty riverbed, but no current without voltage, like a river without a bed.

Therefor I do not agree with your initial statement. Inductive Kickback has reverse Voltage and therefor reverse current flow.
At any point in a curcuit, current will always flow from a higher to a lower voltage. Even if the current measured accross the coil seems time delayed, it still holds true.

dieter

Oh, btw, Carroll, there is no current flow inside the battery, only ion exchange.
Therefor this allows us to say, that every electron that goes out at plus, must come in at minus, in order to make this battery work at all. It does not have to be the same ekectron tho. It could be one from china or from mars. The battery doesn't care.

Internally it's a voltaic or capacitive Action, eg. oxidation of one of two metals by ion exchange that forces and requires the outside electron transfer. But you knew that. (And please no physicuans vs electricians electron direction talks... you know what I mean)

dieter

And since we are talking about inductive kickback,a few more words.

The voltage of the Kickback must be higher than the supply to make the current flow in reverse.

That is, if you did not direct it to flow to ground, or to ring/afterburn the coil in freerunning diode. No, I mean back to the positive pole.

Assuming the back spike is high, tho short, even with no load in it, which is the basic condition in this experiment, (big coil, big pulse), then you can imagine, that any high resistor would only hinder the Spike to flow back to the supply.

But one can easily use the wrong coil, that does not reach flowback condition, which then just locks or parasiticly dampens the coil state.

TinselKoala

Quote from: dieterTherefor I do not agree with your initial statement. Inductive Kickback has reverse Voltage and therefor reverse current flow.

Wrong yet again. Study the graph AGAIN posted below. When the inductor is switched off, the inductor now acts as a source, the voltage VL across it is reversed-- and hence the current IL continues to flow from the inductor IN THE SAME DIRECTION as before.

Nature doesn't care about what you agree with or not, but the facts of the matter are clear. Perhaps you would like to try to explain the results of the LED demonstrations that Citfta and I have published.