Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Perspective On The B Type EESD - Robert Murray-Smith - Any issues?

Started by MileHigh, November 29, 2015, 04:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Brad:

Okay, here we go with the deal on your two diagrams.

QuoteBelow are the two circuits,where in both cases the same amount of energy will be delivered to the inductor--lets say 100mJ of energy. I have included the batteries internal resistance that i measured !on the bench! of a normal alkaline battery with 900mV across it,and subtracted 10% of that calculated value for error margin.
Now we have the inductor in both cases storing the same amount of energy.
Can you please tell everyone here,which circuit will deliver the greatest amount of that stored energy to the LED?.

Taking your diagrams at face value, the second circuit will deliver the greatest amount of energy to the LED.

The problem is that if you are going to model the setup, you at least have to provide the right level of detail.  Taking the first diagram at face value the inductor discharges into the LED and the 7-ohm resistor.  However, the 7-ohm resistor is the output impedance of the battery.  So the question of where the energy burning off in the 7 ohm resistor comes from is a bit more complicated than that.

I marked up the drawing and swapped out the discharging inductors for voltage sources in series with resistors.

We know the the LED clamps the voltage.  Let's say that VLED is 3 volts.

Looking at the marked up diagram you can see that most likely the voltage generated by the inductor L1 is going to be relatively low.

This can all be measured on the bench to get some numbers. The energy is supplied to the circuit by the battery voltage source and the inductor as a voltage source, it is split between the two.  You can see that the load has three parts, the battery internal impedance, the L1 resistance, and the LED.  And of course we know that the inductor voltage varies with time.  All that being considered, I am not sensing any special advantage with respect to going with the lower circuit where you eliminate the battery impedance.

I have stated many many times that when you get into low-level details like this you need to do a full power/energy audit for a circuit to know exactly where the power/energy goes.  However, I have never seen you do this once, and I am sure you have read me state this before.

MileHigh

d3x0r

@all

World's first ‪#‎graphene‬ battery product unveiled in Beijing. The portable battery can be fully recharged within 15 minutes, about 20 times faster than a Li-ion battery.

https://www.facebook.com/XinhuaNewsAgency/videos/1322484261112348/ 

Ya...so this makes my opinion that....  Mile High is Soooo HIGH!   Even *I* don't smoke THAT much.
ya, a minor thing just outside your personal preference and way in the area of gross error... it IS still a good thing.

MileHigh

Quote from: d3x0r on July 14, 2016, 03:50:13 AM
@all

World's first ‪#‎graphene‬ battery product unveiled in Beijing. The portable battery can be fully recharged within 15 minutes, about 20 times faster than a Li-ion battery.

https://www.facebook.com/XinhuaNewsAgency/videos/1322484261112348/ 

Ya...so this makes my opinion that....  Mile High is Soooo HIGH!   Even *I* don't smoke THAT much.
ya, a minor thing just outside your personal preference and way in the area of gross error... it IS still a good thing.

I like to have xes in airplanes you fool.

It's not a graphene battery product unveiling.  It's just a fancy press release technology announcement but no product.  If you have ever looked at the Revolution Green web site over the past three years there have probably been 50 very similar announcements about new battery technologies.  Unfortunately none have come to market yet.

The simple facts are that Robert Murray Smith made a clip where he claimed that he had a capacitor the size of a credit card that was 2000 Farads but offered no measurements at all to prove his claim.  He has made some technical gaffes in the comments on some of his clips that make you wonder if he even knows how to properly measure the capacitance.  Hence, he runs a small electric motor as a diversion to deflect away from the measurement issue.

Here is what I said to RMS:

<<<
A Maxwell K2Series BCAP 2000 Farad ultracapacitor is in a can that is 10 cm long x 6 cm in diameter.  In one of your clips you claim that you made a home-brew 2000 Farad capacitor that is roughly the size of a credit card.  Let us be conservative and say that you are claiming 10X the energy density by volume with your credit card sized capacitor that you claim is 2000 Farads. The onus is on you to prove that is true - that your credit-card-sized capacitor is 2000 Farads because right now I do not believe it.
>>>

You agreed with me that RMS made a ridiculous and unacceptable mistake where he measured the current flow over time but ignored the voltage measurement.

You said this:

Quoteso ya pretty high estimate...

How about you have the courage to state that RMS made an unacceptable measurement error when he measured the current but did not measure the voltage?

I also challenge you to retract your statement alleging that I am a troll.

tinman

Quote from: MileHigh on July 14, 2016, 06:30:41 PM
I like to have xes in airplanes you fool.

It's not a graphene battery product unveiling.  It's just a fancy press release technology announcement but no product.  If you have ever looked at the Revolution Green web site over the past three years there have probably been 50 very similar announcements about new battery technologies.  Unfortunately none have come to market yet.

The simple facts are that Robert Murray Smith made a clip where he claimed that he had a capacitor the size of a credit card that was 2000 Farads but offered no measurements at all to prove his claim.  He has made some technical gaffes in the comments on some of his clips that make you wonder if he even knows how to properly measure the capacitance.  Hence, he runs a small electric motor as a diversion to deflect away from the measurement issue.

Here is what I said to RMS:

<<<
A Maxwell K2Series BCAP 2000 Farad ultracapacitor is in a can that is 10 cm long x 6 cm in diameter.  In one of your clips you claim that you made a home-brew 2000 Farad capacitor that is roughly the size of a credit card.  Let us be conservative and say that you are claiming 10X the energy density by volume with your credit card sized capacitor that you claim is 2000 Farads. The onus is on you to prove that is true - that your credit-card-sized capacitor is 2000 Farads because right now I do not believe it.
>>>

You agreed with me that RMS made a ridiculous and unacceptable mistake where he measured the current flow over time but ignored the voltage measurement.

You said this:

How about you have the courage to state that RMS made an unacceptable measurement error when he measured the current but did not measure the voltage?

I also challenge you to retract your statement alleging that I am a troll.

MH

Forget about RMS-there are bigger fish to fry.

I would like you to have a look at Mark Dansies latest thread,and let us know what you think.

Time to leave all the !will never work!stuff behind,and look at something that dose have potential.

What do you know about this ion transfer stuff?

Brad

seychelles

TINMAN you just do not need JUST salt water but valuable SWEAT WATER..
TO EVERY ACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL REACTION REMEMBER..
EXAMPLE THE NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN HEMISPHERES   WINDS ARE
NOW CROSSING OVER THE EQUATOR SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPEN UNTIL THIS YEAR
WHY MY REASON THEY ARE TAKING TOO MUCH ENERGY FROM THE NORTHERLY WIND FOR
WIND POWER GENERATION.. BEES AND INSECTS OF ALL TYPES ARE VANISHING ..
WHY BECAUSE OF MICROWAVE TRANSMISSION FROM MOBILE PHONES,RADAR AND MILITARY,
SAME FREQUENCY AS MICROWAVE
OVENS 4.7 GIGA HERTZ..