Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Anyone tried replicating the easy LENR video below?

Started by pomodoro, March 12, 2016, 06:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomodoro

I finished making a small, simple calorimeter today and it is surprisingly accurate even at temperatures close to boiling. The rate of heat loss is only 4W between 80-90c, but its all taken into consideration in the calcs.
The liquid is stirred with a magnetic stirrer and the temp is logged to a PC.
I can now look back at the guy's video and see that his measurements are not going to be accurate. He has a reading on the mA meter with nothing connected, the resolution of the scales is only to one gram, he used a large cylinder to make measurements and only allows the temp to go up by two degrees. Lots of assumptions are also made. If an error analysis were to be made, adding all the +/- percent errors you would be very surprised how massive the error in the final calculations would be. I have not tried LENR reactions in the calorimeter as yet.

ramset

here is a good site for LENR news

http://www.e-catworld.com/

and Looking for heat is a new start up which has some test beds in line with Parkomov's  kitchen work [which grew from Rossi's claims]

http://www.lookingforheat.com/research_notes/
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

pomodoro

Thanks for the links, I had a good read and the material is excellent. Do you know of any accurate measurements done on tungsten rod plasma electrolysis? I have the data from Mazumi who electrolyzed Potassium Carbonate found excess heat and managed to get it published. Apart from that there are some replications by Eugene Mallove and from JLN labs.
http://quanthomme.free.fr/jlnlabs/cfr/html/cfrdatas.htm

I'm hoping to replicate these by carrying out the reaction in a dewer and comparing the temp rise against input from a precision resistor and voltage across it instead of assuming heat capacities of solutions/dewar/stirrer etc.  The calorimeter is all done and works well, now I need to stabilize the arc for a more consistent current. You can't trust averaging the current when it looks like it does in the JLN labs plots. I think he used a power meter which is a very weak link in the accuracy of the readings. With bubbles interrupting the current and regions of negative resistance oscillating in the MHz range, one has to very cautious of accepting the displayed values of the current blindly.

pomodoro

I've just tried out the 10% NaOH and it produces a good stable cathodic arc, just like in the video.  It also allows a good anodic arc, unlike the potassium carbonate.  I managed to melt alumina and quartz under the NaOH solution with the anodic arc.  As mentioned earlier, simply touching a spot of glass, quartz, alumina produced a huge increase in current , mA become  3-5A,  and there is an immense white arc.
It seems like a spot much less than 1sqmm carries 300Vx5A, approx 1500W, and gets white hot.
Having gone through the video, he unfortunately did not have enough resolution on the balance to weigh the water loss properly. How can you weigh 1g when there is an error of +/- 2g minimum? He also uses a big plastic measuring cylinder to try to measure this loss, introducing other errors, since a lot of the fluid remains in the flask.  The video is well made, its just unfortunate that at the critical part he did not take more care with the measurements. This one gram of water loss  is incredibly vital to the calculation being OU or not. Another big factor is that a lot of the water loss could be from the fog generated by the splattering of the arc, and must be kept in the flask and not allowed to escape by designing the arc to be struck deep in the solution and making the 'fog' and steam recombine with the cooler bulk solution. Then, heat is kept in the flask and can be measured directly by a rise in temperature, so long as the bulk is less than the b.p..

Here is the screenshot his calculated results,the red circle are the calcs which are likely to be out by a very large factor, because (1) the resolution of the balance is 1g. Even 0.1g resolution still gives a 20% error!  and (2) only the mass of boiled or electrolyzed water can be used in the calcs. The apparatus must block all exit of mist generated by mechanical means at the arc.

Sergh