Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Resonance Circuits and Resonance Systems

Started by hartiberlin, March 15, 2016, 03:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

Just an update on me.  Had gotten this laptop used, nice dell, and it has windows 7 freshly loaded on it.  Got it several months ago. It was doing this 'Get Windows 10' gig to me all the time. Looked into it and I had installed the GWX Control Panel which kills the notices of get windows 10 download for free, and the article that recommended it says that Microsoft is forcing it on people, now as of late automatically installing without permission from the owners. People come home and turn on their pcs n laptops and it starts installing, in some cases if you try to cancel it restarts the install. Anyway, my hotspot data had still seemed to be heavily diminishing with little use of the net by me. So looking into it further, using my Comodo firewall, I could see what progs are communicating at any time.  I swear if I didnt even open a browser my 10gigs would be gone in 2 days. So I used Comodo to stop all communications other than Ice Dragon, Comodos browser. Frikin Driver Support software was on continually. For what? I dont change hardware every day in this thing, or add new usb components. So tossed that prog. Then in Update settings, I shut it all off. It was kicking my datas ass also.

Even then, the computer had lots of communications going on that I could see in Comodo that were still sucking up data, like service host (198) or any other number. Shut them all down.  Now Im doing much better.  From what I understand is windows 10 is a lot worse and harder to stop those communications. And many underlying privacy issues come along with it. Thats why they are pushing it on people so hard.  I have XP on most of my computers. Love Xp. Still works great. Just cant use it on newer stuff like this laptop due to drivers not available and others problems. 

Also, Yahoo home page can eat a lot of data.  I use OU as my home page as it doesnt constantly suck us dry if we walk away for a bit.

Been thinking on threads and what subjects to cover. i dont want to just break out with a bunch of stuff till I have thought it over a bit. One thread Id like to do is finding the best ratio of capacitance for a given coil to get it to ring most efficiently. Was playing with the JT and I put a wire about 1 ft long in series with the led and wound 1 turn on one of my bifi coils set up in series and the scope on the ends. It rings at just shy of 15khz. Added little ferite rods and it was down to 12khz and more output voltage.  Added a cap in series where the coils are connected end to end and I got down to just below 10khz but increasing the series capacitance more and more brought it back to near 15khz. So the added capacitance must have been getting much larger than the bifi capacitance and the added capacitance acted more like a feed through with little affect on the resonant freq.

Putting the other scope leads on the 1 loop wire didnt show any signs of signal, associated with the bifi ring all the way down to 20mv scale. Too little ohms to read the wire directly, would have to put a current sense resistor in there, which would kill off lots of power getting to the single turn after the led.

Meanwhile, Im trying to come up with some substantial projects to work with here. The jt resonance deal, Im trying some things like adding a 3rd winding with many turns and a cap to see if I get that to ring and how it affects the JTs operation.  Other than that, I have only seen ringing of the battery then added some disk caps to bring the freq down to where the jt operates and can get greater than 1v swings on the AA battery itself. I found that encouraging a bit.

Also I said earlier about mechanical resonance. The direction of that thread would involve experiments like Tesla did with the little tapper machine making the building structure shake. If you have read it, you get the idea.

Ok, to the bench.

Mags

Magluvin

Quote from: Magluvin on March 17, 2016, 07:35:23 PM
One thread Id like to do is finding the best ratio of capacitance for a given coil to get it to ring most efficiently.

I asked someone about this once and I didnt seem to get an answer. Maybe my question was worded differently then.

Like if we look at the Guitar strings and we remove all but one.  I would think that the analogy to an LC would  be that the mass weight of the string is the inductance and the tightness of the string is the capacitance.  If we went to big on the capacitance, the string would become loose and not vibrate a long time like as if it were tight. If the string were too tight, as in too little capacitance, would it ring longer than a capacitance/tightness somewhere in the middle?

pomodoro

Sqrt(L/C) is a very important value. It is equal to Xc and Xl at resonance,And is the characteristic impedance Zo. You can now clearly see how the L/C ratio affects the ringing by altering the Q of the circuit. A series resonant circuit will not oscillate if R (losses in circuit) >2Zo or <Zo/2 for a tank circuit. For best ringing  R should be as small (for series resonant) as possible but because of practical reasons there is an optimum ratio of L/C after which R is affected.

verpies

Quote from: Magluvin on March 17, 2016, 07:35:23 PM
Been thinking on threads and what subjects to cover. i dont want to just break out with a bunch of stuff till I have thought it over a bit. One thread Id like to do is finding the best ratio of capacitance for a given coil to get it to ring most efficiently.
In lumped series LCR circuits, the inductance should be maximized in order to maximize the Q.
In lumped parallel LCR circuits, the capacitance should be maximized in order to maximize the Q.

Note, that in most realistic inductors, quadrupling their inductance, doubles their resistance.

Also, when the resonance wavelengths become comparable to the lengths of the inductors, they should be treated as transmission lines - not lumped LC circuits.

Magluvin

Quote from: verpies on March 18, 2016, 01:26:54 PM
In lumped series LCR circuits, the inductance should be maximized in order to maximize the Q.
In lumped parallel LCR circuits, the capacitance should be maximized in order to maximize the Q.

Note, that in most realistic inductors, quadrupling their inductance, doubles their resistance.

Also, when the resonance wavelengths become comparable to the lengths of the inductors, they should be treated as transmission lines - not lumped LC circuits.

Thanks Verpies

Did you mean,  "become comparable to the lengths of the 'conductors'" or inductors?

Mags