Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

High Voltage Power Lines: Drone Super Highways

Started by Nink, March 30, 2016, 04:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nink

Quote from: Pirate88179 on April 01, 2016, 10:49:05 AM
Maybe there is a sweet spot somewhere like 100 feet or 500 feet away where your idea might work?
Bill

Good idea Bill I guess you could come up with a simple device to measure the voltage and drone gets as close as required.  A bit like holding your hands in front of a fire, you move them as close as you need to get warm but not to close so you get burnt.

Pirate88179

Quote from: Nink on April 01, 2016, 11:26:42 AM
Good idea Bill I guess you could come up with a simple device to measure the voltage and drone gets as close as required.  A bit like holding your hands in front of a fire, you move them as close as you need to get warm but not to close so you get burnt.

Exactly.

Bill

PS  I had no idea those power lines carried that high of a voltage so, I learned something new.
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

lumen

I would think that the power consumption of a drone is more than you could acquire while in flight.
Because of the low 50-60HZ frequency any resonate coupling with the required current may be to heavy.

Using a current clamp around the cable (I think about 1" -3" dia.) could provide a higher current connection while hanging from the wire.
The advantage would be that you could use almost any transmission line even lower 4000v residential.

It might be easier to just hang out a bit around the radio towers with a light weight resonate coil to charge while flying.

Nink

Quote from: lumen on April 01, 2016, 02:58:18 PM
I would think that the power consumption of a drone is more than you could acquire while in flight.
Because of the low 50-60HZ frequency any resonate coupling with the required current may be to heavy.

Using a current clamp around the cable (I think about 1" -3" dia.) could provide a higher current connection while hanging from the wire.
The advantage would be that you could use almost any transmission line even lower 4000v residential.

It might be easier to just hang out a bit around the radio towers with a light weight resonate coil to charge while flying.

I gave that a bit of thought and I had considered the concept of having magnetic induction devices clamped onto the lines with super capacitors, They would charge over time in line with the frequency of the AC wavelength. They would then retransmit that power through magnetic coupling induction or microwave transmitters to the drones as they past by.  This would obviously require additional infrastructure and infrastructure costs money. 

What if the drones velocity was timed with the AC wavelength so it moves at speed aligned with optimum times for frequency reversal.   So as the drone moves in one direction it always intersects the pulse of the AC current in the opposite direct, or the reverse in the same direction.

===AC Sine Wave + => ===AC Sine Wave - => ===AC Sine Wave + => ===AC Sine Wave - => ===AC Sine Wave + => ===AC Sine Wave - =>
<= Drone Fight path N= <= Drone Fight path=S <= Drone Fight path=N  <= Drone Fight path=S <= Drone Fight path=N   <= Drone Fight path=S