Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Accurate Replications and testing of plasma electrolysis (LENR)

Started by pomodoro, April 08, 2016, 01:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomodoro

Cheers Chet!
I'll post a pic or two soon. I've been avoiding pics as the system has evolved but is probably close to its final state now. 
The system is powered by a 5A variac, sometimes a 10A one, as the peak current into the caps is much more than that in the circuit. It goes into a rectifier and then into a 6800uF electrolytic cap to make DC Then  5A 500mH choke and a smaller electrolytic are used to keep the RF at the electrode end.  Current and voltage are measured before the choke., which has a 4 ohm resistance  Any remaining RF is removed using ferrite toroids and 100nF decoupling caps.
Temp was calibrated against a set of 0.01C mercury thermometers an is accurate to +/0.03.
Current is measured through a shunt and into the very high impedance isoamp. An old school amp meter is there for double checking.
The PC uses a PICO ADC-20 DAQ.

pomodoro

Anyone interested in replicating should have a gander over the stuff at http://jlnlabs.online.fr/cfr/ These chaps measured temp rise and also kept boiling the solution and measured weight loss. Keep in mind that some things were not done as well as they could have been in all of the setups! Some used sodium bicarbonate instead of potassium carbonate. Big mistake. Bicarbonates decompose into carbonate when hot, leading to a weight loss and therefore an apparent COP>1. Another mistake is measuring power directly to the electrodes. Big LC filtering is required as the power meters are not designed for the noise generated by both the arc and the rapid on off characteristics of the plasma  caused by the boiling liquid. The last comment doesn't mean the results were not correct but more checking should have been done. As I mentioned earlier I found that a cheap digital ammeter was giving the same current as a thermocouple ammeter did , without any filtering! The arc needs to glow to white heat - by the look of the photos on there. The electrodes don't last more than a few minutes in that state, rapidly being oxidized by the steam. There is no way the Mizuno experiment used as much localized heat as his electrodes lasted for hours. But I will try such a hot arc for the next run

pomodoro

This is a wrap up of my research on plasma electrolysis. I never managed to detect any extra heat , the temp rise always matched the input to the electrodes. I noticed Mizuno was unable to replicate the excess heat himself. One thing that he did wrong was to change the power metering device Yokogawa WT110 to another type for the later paper. The results suddenly matched the power input. I get the feeling the WT110 was not capable of measuring the incredibly noisy current through the plasma. One of the secrets was supposed to be the use of an aged electrode but electrodes are consumed and the surface is always relatively new. My conclusion is that most of the sloppy stuff on the net is measured too inaccurately.