Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

well engineered motion into electricity device

Started by markdansie, April 22, 2016, 11:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Quote from: gravityblock on April 27, 2016, 07:39:26 AM
The technology has been proven by nature (bio-technology) and is also based on the same principals as the bladeless vortex wind turbine.  "No company" doesn't imply it's a "non-functioning company" as you're trying to infer.  However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in what you were trying to convey.

Gravock

Saying "no company" does indeed imply a non-functioning company when you are clearly discussing a company that has some kind of a presence, even if they are doing nothing.  It's just casual everyday business slang that is in common use.

MileHigh

Quote from: gravityblock on April 27, 2016, 12:55:05 AM
Another red herring! 

No, it is you who needs to put your thinking cap on!  If a dead trout can move upstream without expending any energy by creating vortices...

Not by "creating vortices" but rather by exploiting the existing vortices that are there in the turbulent stream.  As you can see, you led yourself down a garden path and next time put your thinking cap on.

MileHigh

Quote from: gravityblock on April 27, 2016, 08:40:00 AM
Once again, big gyrating floats aren't necessary with MeyGen and Andritz Hydro Hammerspace and can produce power 24/7 unlike solar.  You'll get less bang for your buck with solar power.

Gravock

When you examine the hypothetical case of a low-rise commercial office building next to the ocean with a large roof surface area, and you compare solar power and some sort of hypothetical system to extract power from the nearby ocean, the first thing that comes to mind for me is the cost of the installation and the associated return on investment.

I am just going to take a guess that with the rapid decrease in the cost of solar panels and the fact that there is now a huge industry with an established ecosystem, the ROI is probably between 10 and 20 years for a typical office building installation like I am describing.  In contrast, if you went with some sort of underwater sea power installation for a single building, the ROI would probably be between 100 and 200 years.

So you get more bang for your buck with solar power.

Just from glancing at the two European underwater turbine companies you linked to, I am going to assume it is only economically feasible for large-scale installations where there are regular underwater flows that can be readily harnessed.  I did not check if either company has a true working commercial installation at this time.

lancaIV