Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is The Earth A Flat Round Disc or Is It a Round Spherical Globe?

Started by gravityblock, April 28, 2016, 12:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is The Earth A Flat Round Disc, Concave, or Is It a Round Spherical Globe?

The earth is a flat round disc!
The earth is a flat round disc with a dome!
The earth is a round speriical globe!
The earth is concave!

SeaMonkey

Quote from: PartzMan
Hmmmm!

What about the documented statement from Dr. Auguste Piccard in the August issue of Popular Science in 1931 after his successful balloon assent to approximately 10 miles above earth that "it seemed as a flat disc with up-turned edges" when asked how the earth appeared at that altitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ1p2WQLQak

Jus sayin!

Apparently it is difficult for many to comprehend just how massive
Planet Earth is.  Ten miles above its surface is minuscule compared
to the diameter of the Planet.  The altitude at which the gentle
curvature of the massive Planet is discernible is much, much higher
than that.

What Piccard saw from his balloon is very common and easily
explained by the Earth's atmosphere coupled with the enormous
size of our Home Planet.  The curvature is very, very gentle.

Dog-One

Now I shall reveal how SeaMonkey knows this...

Because he probably sailed completely around the globe (as have I) and
never fell off the edge.

:)

"She again deployed to the Western Pacific and completed a second "Around-the-World" cruise in 1987."
  -- Wikipedia

allcanadian

@GB
QuoteIf the air (atmosphere) is rotating at or near the rotational speed of the earth, then airplanes wouldn't be able to fly against the direction of rotation.  If the air (atmosphere) doesn't rotate with the surface of the earth, then we'll be blown over by 1,000 mph winds.  Either way, the earth can't be rotating.

One little problem, the stars move across the horizon each night do they not?. Now if all objects appear to move slower as they get farther away which we know then all the stars farther away must move progressively faster than the ones closer as they all move across the horizon at the same speed. So either all the stars in the heavens billions upon billions of miles away move faster as they get further away just for your personal entertainment or the Earth is rotating. Now which do you think is more likely?.

So how exactly would all the stars move across the horizon each night as we obviously know they do with a flat non-rotating Earth?.
QuoteA Saudi Cleric, a religious leader, has said the sun rotates around the earth[/size].  At 2m35s in the video, they put up a quote by the Naked Scientists at Cambridge University in reply to the Saudi Cleric that says, "The atmosphere is moving with the surface of the earth below it because there's friction...you continue to move with...the surface of the earth...so there's no difference in flying with the rotation of the earth or against it".  That's like saying there's no difference in running with the direction of a moving treadmill or against it, because you're moving with the surface of the treadmill's belt below you because there's friction.  ROFLMAO!!![/size]

I think this raises an important question, should you believe a Saudi Cleric with a grade four education and an IQ probably smaller than their shoe size simply because they are a Saudi Cleric?. You know I read about a cleric who liked to smoke pot and bugger little boys and he was in fact a cleric... so should you smoke pot and bugger little boys every chance you get just because he did?. Well no that is silly, in fact one could say stupid, so why should we believe any person in a position of authority may have more intelligence than a person who has devoted their life to finding unbiased facts?.

Personally I love facts because if you ever put me in a room with the Saudi Cleric in that video I would tear him apart piece by piece until he was crying like a fucking two year old school girl... not a problem. You see I don't care who he thinks he is, where he lives, what he believes or what he owns. Logic and reason are my tools and they are the ultimate equalizer because we can have a net worth of $2, believe almost nothing and be nobody yet walk into a room full of people and literally destroy any fucking credibility another person may think they have. I think that's pretty darn cool and you should be happy we will probably never meet in person. Because if we ever did meet in person my friend I would hope you are intelligent enough to know the outcome... for real.

So yes have fun with it, play your silly games and mix it up a bit... whatever starts your tractor.

AC

Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

gravityblock

Quote from: allcanadian on June 19, 2016, 02:39:16 AM
@GB

One little problem, the stars move across the horizon each night do they not?. Now if all objects appear to move slower as they get farther away which we know then all the stars farther away must move progressively faster than the ones closer as they all move across the horizon at the same speed. So either all the stars in the heavens billions upon billions of miles away move faster as they get further away just for your personal entertainment or the Earth is rotating. Now which do you think is more likely?.

So how exactly would all the stars move across the horizon each night as we obviously know they do with a flat non-rotating Earth?.

You obviously haven't read the thread.  There's a rotating dome above the stationary round flat earth and the stars are embedded into the dome, thus all the stars move across the horizon each night.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

Quote from: allcanadian on June 19, 2016, 02:39:16 AM

I think this raises an important question, should you believe a Saudi Cleric with a grade four education and an IQ probably smaller than their shoe size simply because they are a Saudi Cleric?. You know I read about a cleric who liked to smoke pot and bugger little boys and he was in fact a cleric... so should you smoke pot and bugger little boys every chance you get just because he did?. Well no that is silly, in fact one could say stupid, so why should we believe any person in a position of authority may have more intelligence than a person who has devoted their life to finding unbiased facts?.

Personally I love facts because if you ever put me in a room with the Saudi Cleric in that video I would tear him apart piece by piece until he was crying like a fucking two year old school girl... not a problem. You see I don't care who he thinks he is, where he lives, what he believes or what he owns. Logic and reason are my tools and they are the ultimate equalizer because we can have a net worth of $2, believe almost nothing and be nobody yet walk into a room full of people and literally destroy any fucking credibility another person may think they have. I think that's pretty darn cool and you should be happy we will probably never meet in person. Because if we ever did meet in person my friend I would hope you are intelligent enough to know the outcome... for real.

So yes have fun with it, play your silly games and mix it up a bit... whatever starts your tractor.

AC

If logic and reason are your tools and is the ultimate equalizer, then why the need for physical threats as shown in the bold text above?  ROFLMAO!!!  I must be doing something right. ;D  Intimidation and threats won't work with me!  You ballers really stoop low because you can't defend the globe and can't successfully refute the flat earth, so you resort to a cave man type of mentality.  ROFLMAO!  What ever floats your boat king kong (AC)...

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.