Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

MH's ideal coil and voltage question

Started by tinman, May 08, 2016, 04:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can a voltage exist across an ideal inductor that has a steady DC current flowing through it

yes it can
5 (25%)
no it cannot
11 (55%)
I have no idea
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

picowatt

Quote from: poynt99 on July 04, 2016, 05:03:55 PM
No, I do not. That is why I changed my mind about doing it, as I mentioned. But with all due respect what you are proposing is pointless as well, in my opinion, because it won't be accepted, especially since you are proposing to use an ideal inductor as part of the model (this in itself is part of the contention).

You are probably correct.  What I proposed would, however, allow the voltage of the CEMF to be investigated when di=.8A/s.

Even if the 5H inductor used as an Iref source were replaced with a programmed current source as I originally suggested, there would likely be those that would not accept that either.

Even with all the electronic design examples in use by everyone everyday, it often seems as if some believe the field of electronics to be just another conspiracy theory...

PW

tinman

Quote from: poynt99 on July 04, 2016, 10:55:26 AM
No, the sim is indicating the results it should be. I did clearly specify that these results are for an inductor that is free from parasitic capacitance. I guess you missed that.

I guess i must have,as i have taken the 1 ohm resistor as the circuit model that represents the winding resistance,and as such,assumed we were now dealing with a non ideal inductor in one of your two examples.

As we have been talking about the CEMF difference between ideal and non ideal being the same at T=0,i thought i would point out that it is not the same,for the very reason you just listed-the ideal coil will have no parasitic capacitance,and the non ideal one will.

So this relates to what i said,that the CEMF with reference to a non ideal coil,is not equal to the EMF,due to the capacitance of the windings.
When a coil is hit with a pulse,and then the circuit becomes open,and the coil ring's down--is this not showing that there is capacitance within the coil?--it's own tank circuit?.

I only ask so as to work out how this would make things different in regards to the ideal coil that has no capacitance.

Brad

tinman

Quote from: partzman on July 04, 2016, 01:56:51 PM
I have a very well equipped bench including a Tek MDO3034 scope with math and FFT capability. What do you have in mind?

pm

I am just wanting to confirm what i am seeing on my bench.
Do you have a large value inductor ?--or ,what is the largest value one you have,as the larger the value,the easier it will be to see what i am seeing.

I will get some scope shot's and a circuit up tonight after work,as it was a tad cold over here last night,and the work shop is too far away from the heater :D

Brad

Magluvin

If anyone has a series connected bifi coil, the initial input current charging the capacitance will be more visible as the capacitance is greater.

Mags

poynt99

Brad,

What you are describing might be core saturation. With parasitic capacitance you will have a short sharp spike of current right at connection, then the current rise will resume as per normal from a low value.

What type of inductor are you using? Voltage? DC resistance? Resistor value? Inductance?
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209