Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Leyden jar dangerous?

Started by Cherryman, May 09, 2016, 12:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherryman

Here is a picture of  inside the lighter:

The blue cap on the end says 6Kv

Cherryman

I can't believe spending days...days...  on a AC high Voltage power supply as it seems.
The Plasma ball power supply works!
Finally some movement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfz0Fck2a8M
Tnx Smoky!

Not much movement.. but finally some movement... !! : )

Now i can go back to the important testing.

sm0ky2

I love that Lidmotor video
That's the one that had me thinking about
An electrostatic QuMoGen. 😇

Yeah A/C switching circuit - it has its uses
But maybe not what you are going for ATM.
Maybe shelf that as an a/c power source later.

Leyden jars should increase performance of the
Motor
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

Cherryman

Quote from: sm0ky2 on January 31, 2017, 02:24:19 PM
I love that Lidmotor video
That's the one that had me thinking about
An electrostatic QuMoGen. 😇

Yeah A/C switching circuit - it has its uses
But maybe not what you are going for ATM.
Maybe shelf that as an a/c power source later.

Leyden jars should increase performance of the
Motor

Wel the fun now starts.

The object (Utron) I made as a Leyden jar.
The one above is aluminium on the outside and filled with salt water and the aluminium axle is the inner electrode
I've made a few different models, with all different charastics,  now ready for testing.

I have done a lot of research on the principle, and i think there could be some nice effect.
I do however SUCK in electronics ; )

As a bonus.. i give you Lid's high speed version ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbOEVYFeGjc
Maybe you see where i'm going !

TinselKoala

Smoky.... I hate to be overly critical with someone who is actually experimenting, but I have to jump in here.
You've made several statements during your work with static electricity that are, frankly, wrong.
Such as what you have said here about Leyden jars and high voltage.

I'd hate to see anyone hurt or killed because they think that a Leyden jar charged to hundreds of kV will be "safe".

Skin effect has to do with frequency, not voltage. DC currents at high voltage, backed by even relatively small capacitances,
can be _very dangerous_ indeed. Charge a decent Leyden jar or bank to hundreds of kV and discharge that across your body: you will
probably die. However, I seriously doubt that you have ever encountered voltages in the hundreds of kV range with your setups. But I
have a lot of experience with such voltages (even to the point of nearly killing myself a couple of times.) If you have a system that can
sustain hundreds of kV long enough to charge a Leyden jar to that voltage, you have something that could indeed be _deadly_ with
only a few tens or hundreds of picoFarads of capacitance, easily within reach of a good Leyden jar.

Something like a good, well-tuned Tesla Coil can make hundreds of kV and this can indeed be safe when touched because the
_frequency_ of the AC current is high enough that the current is confined to a thin "skin" and doesn't pass through the body but
rather goes over the outside. But this is an AC effect having to do with high frequency and is very different from how DC current at HV works.

You've talked several times about "frequency" of your Voss machine. This is a _DC_ machine (although it may sometimes reverse
its charge polarity). You must not mistake the frequency (rate) of spark discharges with the frequency of an AC signal or current.
A higher DC current means a greater _rate_ of spark discharge, for a given capacitance and voltage (gap). If you also have substantial
inductance in your setup (em inductance not es) then _during the individual sparks_ you may have some AC ringing, but you
cannot see this without an oscilloscope, and this will not protect you in the event of an accidental discharge through your body.

You are safe at low ES voltages if capacitance is small. But even with "small" capacitance, DC voltages in the hundreds of kV can be
very dangerous.

The "good news" is that it is difficult to make a proper Leyden Jar that will actually hold off hundreds of kV without puncturing or shorting. That's why
I prefer to use strontium or barium titanate doorknob capacitors in series stacks. A stack of ten, 1200 pf 40 kV doorknobs will stand off 400 kV reliably.
But you'd have to be crazy to try to deliberately take a discharge from such a stack through your body. You can easily die from only a few Joules
of energy through the chest.

Carry on, you are doing good work, but... carry on _SAFELY_ and beware of capacitors charged to EHV.

For amusement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpemKuf6X_c