Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Real Water Power that could be the game changer

Started by markdansie, July 14, 2016, 09:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaIV

molybdaen disulfit, specific density: 5,03 gr/qcm
1sqm= 10000 sqcm x 3 atomic layers (estimation:  3nm)
1nm= 1/1000000000 mtr. or 1/10000000 cm

ergo 10000 sqcm x 3/10000000 cm = 3/1000 qcm membran volume per sqm
5,03 ge/qcm x 3/1000 = 0,01509 gr/sqm membran

1 MW : 0,01509 gr : 66 MW per Gram molybdaen disulfit  power output

minnie

Oh how I miss MarkE. He would have known all about this stuff.
   All I can do is use gut instinct and good old Google.
     Anyways methinks what about looking up desalination because
   I want to know how much energy there is in saline. So,I come
    up with a figure of 3.5 watt hours litre to the minus one.
           John.

minnie

There we go,according to good old Keelynet a saltwater powered car goes 1,000 km
  on a couple of tanks of brine.
         John.

allcanadian

It is an interesting proposition and nano-technology is going to change the world. In the big picture this energy technology is effectively Maxwell's Demon whereby something very small such as the membrane structure "filters" out electrical energy from matter. Energy is generally locked into matter because of the scale of the interactions at that level however when the method of extraction also acts at that level then we can access this energy.

It's important to keep our eye on the potential of these technologies, salt water and fresh water appear to have no usable energy to the layman... it's just plain old water. Then we add a catalyst to exploit the difference in internal energy states and wala we have an abundance of usable energy from plain old water. What about plain old air or plain old Earth or any other forms of matter or Energy we have completely taken for granted?.

We are at the start of the next industrial revolution in Energy when we stop gathering and burning stuff like cavemen and access usable energy directly from the environment. So why not a device sitting on our table which "filters" out energy from the environment just like this technology "filters" out energy from salt water/fresh water?. The technologies are very similar in my opinion and it's simply a matter of viewing the problem from the proper perspective. The fact is 20 years ago nobody would have predicted we could extract usable energy from salt water and fresh water however now we are and these new technologies are only the tip of a very large iceberg.

AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

lumen

I have done some simple testing and it is easier than thought to make a simple concentration cell.
Using Epson salt and some thin sandwich wrap for the membrane, a simple gradient cell produces about 250mv.

Just place some aluminum foil tape on the bottom of a plastic bowl and partially fill with clean water (tap water is reasonably conductive already)
Then cover with the sandwich wrap (Polyethylene) and cover with brine.
Add another aluminum electrode to the brine and connect a meter.

If you look around the net a bit, this is very common knowledge.
You could use sunlight to separate fresh water form the brine and return to the cell to generate power in an endless loop.