Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Would a DC-Motor Rotate Inside a Ring-Magnet ?

Started by guest1289, August 24, 2016, 10:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaIV

Quote from: guest1289 on August 31, 2016, 09:10:23 PM
  Admittedly it's too difficult for me to figure out how the  'ball-cup generator(motor)' functions, as it's presented on there,  but if it's not  brushless,  then it may work like a current-carrying-wire sliding against a metal-ball through which the current also flows,   I have seen working examples on the internet .

The closest I can find to a motor spinning in a  ring-magnet   is :
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Floppy_drive_spindle_motor_open.jpg

I can't actually understand how this one functions either .

I don't have the background or experience to easily understand electric-motors.

However,  there may be some methods to achieve the same effect as a  'DC-Motor Rotating Inside a Ring-Magnet' ,  the only method I can think of at the moment is :
     - Sideways-Overlapping of  'numerous-additional'  of the  permanent-magnets already present in the following motor  :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ejs_Open_Source_Direct_Current_Electrical_Motor_Model_Java_Applet_(_DC_Motor_)_80_degree_split_ring.gif 

This could look like the brick-wall pattern.

I don't know many variations of this idea there could exist,  in all sorts of unrecognizable configurations.

I never built this ball-cup generator,but what I know after a phone call with the dpma(german patent office in Munich )more then ten years before is that the patent application became DE-granted so it is now "Technical Standart", but since some years commercial free, "open source" !

guest1289

QuoteHowever,  there may be some methods to achieve the same effect as a  'DC-Motor Rotating Inside a Ring-Magnet' ,  the only method I can think of at the moment is :
     - Sideways-Overlapping of  'numerous-additional'  of the  permanent-magnets already present in the following motor  :

This could look like the brick-wall pattern.

A better alternative to  my  'Brick-Wall-Pattern' idea,  would be the arrangement of the Stators-Labelled-B  in the diagram attached below.

QuoteThere may be another method :
     -   it would be to use a permanent-magnet that is shaped like a coil ( spiral ) and the DC-Motor would rotate inside of that,  instead of inside a ring-magnet

Note: The rotor spinning inside the coil ( spiral ) would never detect the ends of the permanent-magnet that is shaped like a coil ( spiral ),   because it would be right in the middle of the coil,  sufficiently far away from the ends.

An alternative to a  permanent-magnet that is shaped like a coil ( spiral ),  would be to have a disk-cylinder-permanent-magnet  spinning inside a current-carrying-wire-coil( spiral ) ,  taking into account the previous paragraph.

citfta

Quote from: guest1289 on August 31, 2016, 09:10:23 PM
  Admittedly it's too difficult for me to figure out how the  'ball-cup generator(motor)' functions, as it's presented on there,  but if it's not  brushless,  then it may work like a current-carrying-wire sliding against a metal-ball through which the current also flows,   I have seen working examples on the internet .

The closest I can find to a motor spinning in a  ring-magnet   is :
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Floppy_drive_spindle_motor_open.jpg

I can't actually understand how this one functions either .

I don't have the background or experience to easily understand electric-motors.

That is not a ring magnet in the floppy drive motor.  That is a ferrite ring that has sections of it magnetized to be NSNSNS all the way around.  This allows it to respond to the activation of the coils.

Carroll

guest1289

That explains that floppy drive motor.

I started this thread because I'm wondering if it is possible for an electric-motor to exist that does not create electromagnetic-eddies( or is affected by eddies /  electromagnetic-field friction ) .

As far as I know, the only electric-motor that does not create electromagnetic-eddies( or is affected by eddies /  electromagnetic-field friction ) is the first motor,  Faraday's-electric-motor  below :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Faraday_magnetic_rotation.jpg

As far as I can see,  it does not create electromagnetic-eddies( or is affected by eddies /  electromagnetic-field friction ),  but just now,  I realized it might create electromagnetic-eddies in the mercury( or it's substitute brine ).

Is there no version of the Faraday-electric-motor that does not require a liquid.

-  I can't figure out why  Motor.JPG  ,   the diagram below,  won't rotate
         (  Motor.JPG  is simply a  Disk-Permanent-Magnet( the big-circle in the diagram )  that has the electromagnetic-field of the electric-wire labelled X,  acting on the outer edge of the   Disk-Permanent-Magnet  )
         (  Note :  There are all sorts of alternatives to Motor.JPG ,  for example an electric-wire in a ring-magnet  )

I thought that the  Faraday-electric-motor  works  Simply  as a result of the  interaction   between the  'electromagnetic-field'( of the  'electric-wire' ),    and,   the  'magnetic-field'  of the  'permanent-magnet' ,  if that is correct,  then surely  Motor.JPG  in the diagram below,  should rotate .

HOWEVER,  I think that apparently the  'electric-current'  in that  'Faraday-electric-motor',  also flows through the  'Permanent-Magnet'  in that motor( in the wikipedia-image link above ),  if that is true,  then why bother having a  'Permanent-Magnet'   in that motor,  they could just have another electric-wire.

QuoteThere may be another method :
     -   it would be to use a permanent-magnet that is shaped like a coil ( spiral ) and the DC-Motor would rotate inside of that,  instead of inside a ring-magnet

Note: The rotor spinning inside the coil ( spiral ) would never detect the ends of the permanent-magnet that is shaped like a coil ( spiral ),   because it would be right in the middle of the coil,  sufficiently far away from the ends.

An alternative to a  permanent-magnet that is shaped like a coil ( spiral ),  would be to have a disk-cylinder-permanent-magnet  spinning inside a current-carrying-wire-coil( spiral ) ,  taking into account the previous paragraph.

CORRECTION :  This idea would only use  Coils( Either a  permanent-magnet that is shaped like a Coil,  OR  a disk-cylinder-permanent-magnet  spinning inside a current-carrying-wire-coil ).
    -    I mistakenly also used the word  'spiral' earlier,  because I forgot that a  'spiral'  can imply a 'cone-shape'  which I am not using in this idea,  but perhaps I should look at that .

Another-Version  of this Coil Idea ( which is  either a  permanent-magnet that is shaped like a  Coil,  OR  a  disk-cylinder-permanent-magnet  spinning inside a current-carrying-wire-coil ),     WOULD BE :  To have a  Coil  Rotating inside a   Larger-Coil .
     But I assume that this idea would create electromagnetic-eddies( or be affected by eddies /  electromagnetic-field friction ) .

guest1289

The following  text I am quoting,  appears on the wikipedia page below :
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homopolar_motor

QuoteLike most electro-mechanical machines, a homopolar motor is reversible: if the conductor is turned mechanically, then it will operate as a homopolar generator, producing a direct current voltage between the two terminals of the conductor.

QuoteBuilding a simple homopolar motor

QuoteOne can attach the magnet to the battery and allow the conducting wire to rotate freely while closing the electric circuit by touching both the top of the battery and the magnet attached to the bottom of the battery. The wire and the battery may become hot if operated continuously.

"  The wire and the battery may become hot if operated continuously.  "

I assume  that the text in  bold, above,  could not imply that the  D.I.Y. homopolar-motor   wire and battery get hot because the  motor  is acting as a  generator  at the same time that it is functioning  as a motor,  because not only could that possibly be an  Overunity-Generator,  or contravening the laws of physics,   it could also cause the battery to explode.