Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

N.R.M.R.E. An investigation.

Started by Grumage, April 11, 2017, 06:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumage

Dear TinselKoala.

Excellent.....

I'll reply later, this last fortnight has been a seemingly never ending childminding session!! :)
Last day today, at least for this week.

Nice rising bounce..... As Dog-One has mentioned already be very vigilant as you raise the input voltage.

Kind regards, Graham.

Jimboot

Quote from: TinselKoala on April 20, 2017, 05:33:52 AM
No, not the same gauge, the thin stuff is #27 and I don't know what the thicker stuff is. I would have used the thicker stuff all around but I ran out after one winding of 50 turns.

The core is a small CRT deflection yoke. I also have some smaller ferrite toroids wound and ready to swap in.

Wow that's bright. Are your cap values similar to Nelson's or the same? Is that an audio transformer? That trace is interesting, the ringing begins to rise just before the next pulse. Sorry for the dumb question but is there an easy way to alter the duty cycle with this build? I'm still waiting for a few parts.

TinselKoala

Capacitance values are the same but I chose higher voltage ratings for the caps. I'm using UF3003 diodes instead of MUR440. I have some MUR1560 on reserve just in case but so far nothing has failed.  The little transformer is some random thing I pulled from a TV chassis, it has about the right turns ratio I think. I didn't connect the FWBridge on the output yet, just testing with the neon to show some output in a dramatic way. I imagine that open-circuit the output will rise to "HV radiant" status if the little transformer can take the strain.
The pot varies all kinds of things: duty cycle, frequency, that weird ringing, input current draw, peak voltage at collector.... the interplay between input voltage and what the pot does is very interesting. I put a heatsink on the transistor and have tried input voltages up to 5 v but it seems to work "better" at much lower voltages. Depending of course on your definition of "better". I put a switch in series with the base connection to make it easy to "unplug" the base but I have not seen any oscillations continuing after base is disconnected. Yet.

tinman

Quote from: TinselKoala on April 20, 2017, 05:31:33 AM
First light.

Well, it makes one hell of a Joule Thief, I'll say that much for it. 2.1 volts and about 210 mA input, lights up a NE-2 neon brilliantly. One "typical" Collector trace shown on the scopeshot. Adjusting the pot causes some radical changes. Still exploring.

TK
The ringing amplitude seems to be increasing,before your transistor switches on again.
Is this correct?.

Brad

TinselKoala

Quote from: tinman on April 20, 2017, 06:41:07 AM
TK
The ringing amplitude seems to be increasing,before your transistor switches on again.
Is this correct?.

Brad

Yes, that is correct. And if that's what one wants to emphasize, one can fiddle with input voltage and pot setting to get this effect to show up more strongly than in the scopeshot above.