Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Old Standard Ignition System. Battery. Coil. Points. And Condenser....

Started by Magluvin, October 25, 2017, 07:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: Magluvin on November 01, 2017, 12:14:19 PM
The diode is just to be sure as I just wanted to make the process work the first time not knowing if the same timing I was using in the standard circuit used for direct comparison purposes was a good match for the same freq switching. Not looking to design it for a specific engine to provide spark, it is just demonstrations of resonance gains compared to no resonance. That has been the point of this thread since i said so in post 1.

Firstly, the efficiency of Teslas circuit far exceeds the standard circuit and very simply by rearranging the circuit slightly and the addition of a large inductor.  I thought it was very cool to show what Tesla was doing with this back then, and then to see they abandoned it for this current sucking standard we have been talking about here in this thread. And it also is about resonance here in this topic.

Tha cap is .14uf. I think it could change things with a different cap value, but again I wanted to demonstrate that it would work here as well as in the standard circuit. Same cap. Same spark coil. Same battery and same switching. Just the addition of the large inductor and the diode..

The standard circuit pulls 78w from the battery when the switch is closed, and the igniter circuit pulls max 3w and change.  Huge efficiency gain by the circuit change alone, let alone still having resonance in the picture.

Mags

2 things Mag;s

1-how would this Tesla circuit go in the higher frequencies?

2-i think you would be surprised at how little power the old points circuit actually uses at running frequencies,and with the dwell set correctly .

Brad

Magluvin

Quote from: tinman on November 01, 2017, 07:19:45 PM
2 things Mag;s

1-how would this Tesla circuit go in the higher frequencies?

2-i think you would be surprised at how little power the old points circuit actually uses at running frequencies,and with the dwell set correctly .

Brad

hey brad

I dont know really. Gas engines of the time probably didnt have much high rpms like we have in later years. 

And probably at specific rpms the standard can be more eff due to the time it gets for the 5.7mh primary to load up when the contacts are closed.  But it needs to be able to work in the upper end which wouldnt be cruising speeds rpms where the switch on time probably exceeds the time for the primary to reach max currents. We need good operation more in the upper rpms so there is probably enough head room for that..

bah. Im just saying that in the case of the 2 circuits running the same cap, coil and battery, and same switch and timing,and just the addition of the large inductor and diode with a little circuit rearrangement, there was a monster boost in eff. If we were to use the idea for an OU device some how, maybe it would only need to operate at a freq that works best for the project and not have to be able to follow all the criteria to run an engine in a car.  It was all about the topic, resonance. It wasnt about all this.  All this is interesting, but I have other goals with these ideas, otherwise Id be hangin out at garage forums.  It was just an example and has taken up way too much time with too much about a lot of other things that Im not really concerned with to prove anything any further.

I mean we have Carrol disputing that the ring in an lc is not the definition of resonance, Jeg talking about how the switching needs to be 440hz.  Im like oh yeah?  At what rpm and how many cyl engine are you talking about? ??? Heck maybe my circuit is running near a freq that would be during cranking, what? 400, 600rpms? maybe its a 4cyl my freq would be close to under those circumstances.  lol I just liked the fact that we could see the on and off periods of the spark to see the multi spark action in that time frame so Mh could not dispute the fact. If it were just some dc HV stream during the spark period, then there wouldnt be multiple arcs. It would be a snake swinging back and forth as you can see on some yt vids. Nst output for example.

Ugh.  Im tired of it already.  Maybe most everyone could care less about all this. I put a lot of hours in here and the projects. making sure its all good for vids. Pics. Typing day in and day out.

All I wanted beyond the other day was to understand how the cap prevents the switch on spark your second post seemed to imply. But I dont get an answer to that, I just get questions in return.  Not coming down on you, Im just tired now and its all just weighing on me a bit.

Frankly if nobody gets anything from this thread, then this is where we are in this place. Just feel when someone tries to show something that is good, it gets what happened here in this thread. More people in argument than are in agreement on anything. Its like how could i suggest someone come here to show their stuff if they say they have something when within a week or 2 the main subject is lost in the mess of it all.

Tired of it.

Night brad.

mags

Edited the 440hz as I had it as 440khz

Jeg

Quote from: Magluvin on November 01, 2017, 09:41:09 PM
Frankly if nobody gets anything from this thread, then this is where we are in this place. Just feel when someone tries to show something that is good, it gets what happened here in this thread. More people in argument than are in agreement on anything.

Hi Mags
If you feel that i disagreed on something, then it is probably the way i am expressing my opinion in a different language than what i use to talk. Sorry for that mate. You do a great job as always.

The 440Hz that i mentioned is just the calculated frequency between your cap and inductor. Nothing more and nothing less. I didn't mention any strokes or revolutions. Please forget what i wrote as my mood is far from disturbing the flow of conversations which take place here.  ;)

Keep it up
Jeg

Magluvin

Quote from: Jeg on November 02, 2017, 09:10:55 AM
Hi Mags
If you feel that i disagreed on something, then it is probably the way i am expressing my opinion in a different language than what i use to talk. Sorry for that mate. You do a great job as always.

The 440Hz that i mentioned is just the calculated frequency between your cap and inductor. Nothing more and nothing less. I didn't mention any strokes or revolutions. Please forget what i wrote as my mood is far from disturbing the flow of conversations which take place here.  ;)

Keep it up
Jeg

Hey jeg

So this is where the diode came into play to hold the charge in the cap for discharge.

I believe Tesla sort of shows things in his drawiings as to how big or little a value of a cap in relation to the circuit. In the igniter circuit, the cap drawing seems large as compared to some of his other depictions of caps in other of his circuits. Like the Ozone pat, to me anyway, shows caps that would seem to be large in value also.

But here, again, I wanted to keep everything intact as to what was shown in the standard circuit and just rearrange the circuit just a bit and add the large inductance with diode to get the cap charged for discharge.  Yesterday I was thinking of going larger on the cap to see how the results might change. And I still have it all set up to do so. The end result in my mind would be lower voltage in the cap before discharge but more currents with each oscillation and most likely a hotter and longer spark time.

Anyway, I get where you are coming from now.  But again, it is set up to 'see' the on and off times.

Sorry for any confusion on my part there

Mags

Magluvin

Put in a 9.75uf cap that used to have an external resistor that I removed

Changed the relay cap from 1000uf to 220uf to speed up the switching

With the larger cap Im able to eliminate the diode and the switching is fast enough to load the cap in just one direction. Mechanical rectification of the currents from the large inductor to the cap.

Mags