Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

inertial propulsion with gyroscope

Started by woopy, January 16, 2018, 04:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conradelektro

Quote from: woopy on March 11, 2018, 06:46:41 PM
So i redo my best fiala system with a better motor and a regulator for different gyro setup and this one will not be dismantled for other experiments

I have ordered a bunch of those fidget spinners with outer brass ring because they seems to be very close to what Fiala describe in the patent.

it will be MY SCALE for comparison with other experiments, because it works so well.

Laurent, it will be advantageous to have a reference system for comparison. It is easy to get lost, take your time, there is no need for haste. Nobody seems to be interested anyway.

I am held up because I could not find my shrink sleeving when connecting the stepper motors to the motor shield. I have to get some, to do the wiring nicely.

Greetings, Conrad

conradelektro

The stepper motors I used in my first build are not strong enough to turn the arm carrying the gyroscope. I need to get better drivers and stepper motors with more torque. That also means that the Adafruit motor shield is not adequate to the task at hand (not enough drive capability).

This driver might do: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0711J1K66/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AZ33U9I2AQIQH&psc=1 (one for each stepper motor)

I am still looking for adequate stepper motors. I want some with a 12 Volt rating at about 2 Ampere (6 Ohm phases).

In the unlikely case that someone is also building a replication with stepper motors, be aware that the Adafruit stepper motor shield is not capable to drive strong enough stepper motors. Even small gyroscopes are relatively heavy and pose a strong resistance to twisting if they run at 10.000 rpm.

Greetings, Conrad

woopy

Hi conrad

Thanks for beeing one of the very few interested contributor in this gyro propulsion. Perhaps too puzzling or too difficult for the people.

Yes those small gyros exhibit a terrible torque , and it is why it is so difficult to get good results with my rowing system with 2 standard electric dc motors.There is always small spinning divergence. and the precession are not in sync, and so the propulsive effect is lost.

Perhaps and i hope you will get better results with the stepper motor.

I have redo the suspended wheel test with my new rebuilt flat Fiala mono gyro, to get some measurement and keep it as comparison for further experiment.

https://youtu.be/AlH1zfGG7_Y

Hope this helps

Laurent

conradelektro

I put a new video on YouTube showing the failed attempt with low torque stepper motors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raP4syp_WVE

The stronger stepper motors will arrive soon.

Greetings, Conrad

conradelektro

I got good stepper motors which seem to be strong enough (17HS13-0404S)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B072LVXVKW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1FPXIYSVOP6JD&psc=1

But the next problem manifested itself:

I have to move the stepper motors step by step (always just one step) because the delay between steps has to decrease (from 0° to 180°) and then to increase (from 180° to 360°). Unfortunately the function onestep()  driving the stepper motor just one step needs about 2 ms before it returns. Since I have to call this function 400 times per full circle (200 times per stepper motor) this "calling" alone takes almost 1 second. Therefore I can not turn the stepper motors faster than about 1 turn per second. Which is not fast enough.

for (i=0; i < 100; i++){    // step from 0° to 180° , 100 steps
   delayMicroseconds(dly(i));            // decreasing delays
  myMotor2->onestep(BACKWARD, DOUBLE);  // takes about 2 ms to return
  myMotor1->onestep(FORWARD, DOUBLE);   // takes about 2 ms to return
}
for (i=99; i >= 0; i--){    // step from 180° to 360° , 100 steps
  delayMicroseconds(dly(i));            // increasing delays
  myMotor2->onestep(BACKWARD, DOUBLE);  // takes about 2 ms to return
  myMotor1->onestep(FORWARD, DOUBLE);   // takes about 2 ms to return
}

I ordered stepper motor drivers which allow a more direct control of the stepper motors than the Adafruit Motor Shield V2.7:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XSD5XPR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1QCDAONWDNBZA&psc=1

A difficult project with many pitfalls.

It turned out that the precessing of the gyroscopes has to be prevented. If not prevented the gyroscopes will precess immediately when the arms are accelerated. If the gyroscope spins clockwise the arm also has to be turned clockwise to cause a upward precessing (or the same counter clockwise). If the gyroscope does not spin fast enough or the arm is not turned fast enough the precessing will not happen.

Greetings, Conrad