Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Homopolar generator idea

Started by Antiproduct, October 01, 2018, 03:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaad

seaad

F6FLT

Quote from: seaad on March 23, 2019, 09:26:29 AM
A new suggestion.

It will work, 100% sure (I presume the magnets present opposite poles).
A probably more efficient method is to remove the central wheel and use two counter-rotating disk-magnets touching each other by their rims and having same poles. I wrote "probably" because their weak point is that they repel each other.

seaad

Yes this was my first thought also but the magnets polarity [your way] makes it near impossible to make them touch each other, because they repeal themselves extremely strongly sideways and radially.
If we force them to touch each other, I presume that the braking action in the axis bearings will be  greater than as in my suggestion above.
I wanted to avoid a build with these hateful brushes at the rim.

Regards Arne

F6FLT

Hi Arne,

The repulsion will not result in a slowdown, because it is not a torque that is applied against rotation. We have a linear force in the plane of the magnets, and if it is not perfectly balanced, which will certainly happen, there will be also a torque tending to rotate the plane of the discs. A solid mechanical system can solve the problem. An easy way would be to fix the magnets in front of rotating conductive discs and only the discs rotate.
The possible demagnetization of opposing magnets may remain a problem.
With intermediate wheels, we increase mechanical losses, and electrical losses since we increase the number of contacts, so not sure if the method is better. I don't think so.