Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Self-looped Circuit Using Batteries - Beware of this battery behavior

Started by Void, August 07, 2019, 12:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Void

See the following video demonstration in which I show a small 12V SLA battery
powering a driver circuit and LED light, for which the setup is 'self-looped' for a period of about one hour. 

The driver circuit provides feedback voltage back to the battery in a 'self-looped' circuit arrangement.
The LED light which the circuit is powering is rated at 12V, 5 Watts.
The measured battery voltage under load remains very stable at around 12.791V +/- 2 mV
for the entire hour that this circuit is left running and the LED light is being powered.

Does this demonstration show 'over unity'?

"Self-Looped Circuit - Is this Over Unity?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI1ZS_2wYR8

Hint: No, it does not imply over unity at all. :) There is not enough information in this video demonstration
to reasonably try to draw any conclusions about over unity at all. This video demonstration actually demonstrates
a normal lead acid battery discharge characteristic when the battery is discharging under a relatively light load
(relative to the battery's energy storage capacity).

See the attached graph of typical lead acid battery discharge curves for different amounts of battery current
draw (different loads) in relation to a given battery's Amp-hour rating (C).

All the best...

hartiberlin

It depends how your driver circuit is build !
There are now circuits that put the BackEMF back to the battery and thus keeping the voltage steady and this way can get more Watthours out of the batteryas was put into the Battery in the first place, when it was charged....
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

Void

Quote from: hartiberlin on August 14, 2019, 03:26:16 AM
It depends how your driver circuit is build !
There are now circuits that put the BackEMF back to the battery and thus keeping the voltage steady and this way can get more Watthours out of the batteryas was put into the Battery in the first place, when it was charged....

Hi Stefan. Sorry, but I am not convinced of that. :)
If we have a 12V battery driving a 12V light bulb directly (with no intervening circuitry), this is already pretty much 100% efficient,
(minus battery discharge losses and any losses in any possible circuitry inside the light itself, if it has any internal circuitry), and this can't
be improved upon with any circuit addition unless that circuit arrangement is producing over unity.

As soon as you add any circuit, that circuit will be consuming energy from our supply battery on top of what the light is consuming,
so you have reduced the overall efficiency. Now if we take say an electric fan or other load which has some internal circuitry,
and you modify that internal circuitry in the electric fan to be more efficient, you can improve the overall efficiency
of the electric fan, but this by itself still does not imply over unity. This only means you have improved somewhat on the efficiency of that fan,
but the overall efficiency will still be 100% or under unless your new circuitry is very special and has the ability to pull in extra energy
somehow from outside your circuit setup.

Many people have experimented with capturing inductive switching kickback spikes, for example, but I personally
so far have never seen a demonstration of such a setup which I think reasonably demonstrates possible over unity.
I am not saying I think it is impossible. I am saying that I have tried many such experiments myself and I have seen many
video demos, but I have so far not seen anything which I think reasonably suggests possible over unity.

skywatcher

Every 'self-running' system which has a battery is bogus.
If there is a need to store some energy for a short time a capacitor could do the job.
If it doesn't work with a capacitor, it doesn't work with a battery either.

gotoluc

Top quality demonstration Void!
This is what many may consider as OU proof.
However, we both know there's not enough information provided in your great demo, like actual input battery Watts hour capacity let alone the actual input Watts the circuit is consuming which could be very difficult to measure with a moving coil Amp meter.
The other issue is the LED light intensity cannot be used as any kind of power guide since an LED is a component and not a load (like a real filament bulb) when DC is pulsed.

I'm guessing you took the time to make this to show Rick and followers how easy we can be fooled.
Great job!

Regards
Luc