Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

highway magnets charging hybrid batteries through electromagnetic induction

Started by jbm, December 29, 2006, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbm

Hi all,
   I'm no expert in physics, but I had an idea:
   If permanent magnets were embedded in the pavement of roads, it should be possible, at last in principle, to recharge hybrid batteries as cars drive over the magnets - using electromagentic induction.

My first question is: does the generated EMF have a "push back" force that works against the car?  For example, if you pass a magnet through a coil of wire with your hand, do you have to push a little harder than if the wire wasn't there?  If so, what is the size of the "push-back" force with respect to the generated EMF?

My physics is pretty poor, so I need help with this one.

Even if it is a viable idea, the cost of putting the magnets in the pavement and adding the necessary electronics to hybrid cars would probably be tremendous.  Of course, the environmental and national security consequences of doing nothing is also tremendous.

Joe

shipto

the first problem I see in that idea is that you would get piles of junk gathered around the magnets, bits of rust etc.

Paul-R

I think that the dreaded Lenz's Law will rear its head.

But, if instead of passive magnets, you put an elctromagnetic
coil, and induce an EMF in a coil in the vehicle, then it will
work - but no OU pretentions. Simply a good way to recharge
batteries on the move at the expensive of whoever is
putting the power into the coils in the road. Possibly roadside
windmills.
Paul.

ring_theory

For electromagnetic induction it is better to put the field through the center of the induction coil. This is the problem with induction.

How to drive multiple magnetic flux fields through induction coils cyclic?

The answer is simple A toroid multipole armature. see fully baked innovation.

lancaIV

FR 2239802,page 1 : Laplace Law

Happy new year
                      dL