Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Fran McCabe (RIP) Gyroscope Demo

Started by NdaClouDzzz, March 30, 2021, 04:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajunbee

https://youtu.be/hVKz9G3YXiw

A few years back I built a device like in this video. Difference was that I had it mounted to the shaft of a Bldc motor as the generator. At first I used a small tuning knob flywheel which didn't work very well. I then modified it to be able to mount a bench grinder wheel. I was unable to achieve a constant precession where gyro did not rotate downwards. And this was before ever connecting a load to the generator. If there is any resistance to the precession rate it would rotate downwards. If I forced the precession to speed up with my finger the device will move upwards. Apply enough force and it will rotate straight up like a spinning top. At this point there is no noticeable precession, meaning it will not rotate the generator.

kajunbee

Ok, I see that the witts flywheel is spoked so I'll share my experience. The spoked flywheel that I had was more like a centrifugal fan. When I placed a small piece of cardboard along the side it would suck the cardboard towards it. Instead of securing a smooth plate to both sides I decided to try something. I placed the plates of aluminum plate on each side of spinning flywheel thinking if I just block the air from being pulled in the resistance would be less. It dropped the amp draw from 1.96 to 1.76 if I remember correctly. Not a huge difference but it did help. To me it's like blocking the suction of a vacuum cleaner and the motor speeding up. I'm not sure if it would be more beneficial than just securing the plates directly. I got sidetracked with other things and never completed it.

kajunbee

What might be and interesting experiment is placing the plates along side a smooth rotating flywheel to see if there's a further reduction in drag. Just a thought.

kajunbee

Another option for flywheel might be a ceramic skilsaw or mini grinder blade. There very thin and fairly well balanced. They are also rated for fairly high rpm. Figuring  a way to mount them might take a little thought but certainly doable. Maybe and option down the road.