Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Mosfet Capacitor Dump Experiments

Started by SkyWatcher123, February 08, 2023, 06:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dujie

Do you have a PayPal you can link to ?
Or some way to get funds ?( would Amazon gift card work ?)
Give your streetwear a sporty look with another option—American football jerseys!
Our store tiendacamisetasnfl.com has a well-stocked stock of NFL jerseys, choose from our custom jerseys, use your favorite jersey number, add your name, and make it unique. You can also not only buy in one series, there are many unique ones in different series, come and explore!

erfandl

Quote from: joellagace on February 09, 2023, 07:37:55 PM
Well since I burned out all my SCRs for now here is how I'm experimenting  with the cap dump method still, while I wait to be able to make an order of new parts including some mosfets.

I'm using the Android tablet and a NPN transistor connected to sound output.  As as switching for the the cap dump. Hey got to use what ever is at hand right!

https://youtu.be/9Yj2XjLpsrc
thanks for sharing. just a question, is it possible to make an SCR from pairs of PNP and NPN power transistor ?

SkyWatcher123

Hi all, Hi joellagace, thanks for being here and sharing your thoughts about these experiments.

Hi erfandl, good to see you're still experimenting.
Yes, i always share everything i observe with my tests.
At the moment, the large 1.5 farad car audio capacitor is too large for the output of this particular oscillator, the voltage seems to only get to around 1 volt over the load battery, before it dumps, though does still charge decent.
So far though, the 71volt-5600uF electrolytic, low esr capacitor, is packing the most punch.
It climbs to around 15.5 volts or around 2.5 volts over charge battery voltage, before cap dumping and the oscillator charging the capacitor, is using around 2.5 watts input.
Hi ramset, all benevolent comments are welcome, it's fine and i feel these experiments
have great potential also, as i have read of others similar experiments that claimed success.

At the moment, i am using a STW20NM60 Mosfet, 600volt rating, 80 amps pulsed rating, 11ns fall time.
So this mosfet, is able to dump the capacitor charge very quickly and it's a salavaged part,
don't remember what i salvaged it from though.
Not sure this 12volt-5ah sealed lead acid is the best battery for testing.
I have heard that better results are obtained from liquid form electrolyte,
instead of the absorbent material used in SLA batteries.
Still testing to see which size capacitor is the most effective or which will
manifest observable extra charging effects.
It may be, that a lower size capacitor, along with higher voltage, may be needed to manifest
the novel charging effects.
Since that also allows the capacitor to dump its charge, even faster.
There may be a threshold, where once the capacitor dump is below a certain duty cycle on time
and of a sufficient abruptness of discharge, we may start to see novel charging effects.
Will continue to experiment.
peace love light

SkyWatcher123

Hi all, I have been trying many different things and keeping notes of all the tests.
At the moment, i am testing two 1 farad-20 volt max., car audio capacitors in series for the capacitor dump.
That is around 500,000 uF - 40 volt capacitor.
And although the voltage rise on the capacitor, above that of the charge battery voltage is only around 200-400 millivolts (difficult to see a good reading on meter), it really packs a punch.
When the capacitor dumps, the voltage jumps up 200-300 millivolts on the 12 volt charge battery.
Another good thing, these car audio capacitors are low esr and can push that small voltage differential into a decent amperage pulse.
Will continue the experiments.
All comments welcome.
peace love light :)

joellagace

Thanks, This gives me good ideas on what I might want to try next, Still waiting on some ebay sales in order to get more money to buy those mosfets. And other parts  ;D