Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Secrets Of Back EMF

Started by joellagace, March 19, 2023, 05:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onepower

smoky2
Quotei believe the criteria was "in a vacuum"
meaning there is nothing with the particle, for which heat to be converted from motion (i.e. friction, etc.)
that makes the experiment a purely electromagnetic interaction and will hold irrespective of temperature, within the limitations of the system.

Indeed, superconductors do not generate heat either and repel all magnetic fields regardless of there polarity.
https://theconversation.com/how-do-superconductors-work-a-physicist-explains-what-it-means-to-have-resistance-free-electricity-202308

AC

tinman

Quoteauthor=joellagace link=topic=19421.msg575455#msg575455 date=1679437897

QuoteWhen the current is turned off, the magnetic field collapses, which generates a voltage spike known as a back electromotive force

No. Back EMF is produced when the current starts to flow through the inductor. It is the self induced current produced while the magnetic field is building in the coil.

Quotein the opposite direction of the original current

No again.
When the current flowing into the inductor is cut off, the magnetic field around the inductor will collapse around the coil, and produce a current flow in the same direction to the original current flow. This is inductive kickback or flyback, not Back EMF.
The current will continue to flow in the same direction. Only the voltage is inverted across the coil.

QuoteBy using this feedback loop, you are essentially increasing the efficiency of the system and allowing it to output more power than what was originally put in.

Would love to see this--with accurate measurements.

QuoteIt's important to note that this doesn't violate the laws of thermodynamics

Right after-->

Quoteallowing it to output more power than what was originally put in

joellagace

fxeconomist

Quote from: tinman on August 22, 2023, 09:49:21 AM

When the current flowing into the inductor is cut off, the magnetic field around the inductor will collapse around the coil, and produce a current flow in the same direction to the original current flow.

So, let me see if I understood the difference straight.

Say we have a circuit. To the left, power source. The center has an up/down alligned inductor. The right side has the load.

Inductor responds with a kickback that is in the same direction. If current say, flows up (+) to down (-) in an inductor, kickback current will come out from the down side, continuing the initial direction, thru the load, to return to the up side.

Now we replace the inductor with a capacitor.

Capacitor discharge responds with current in the opposite direction. If current flew up (+) to down  (-), capacitor discharge would flow backwards, from the up side continuing that way towards the down thru the load.

Am I right ?

forest

Describe it in schematic to allow all understand