Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

speed weight

Started by frii143, May 20, 2023, 04:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frii143

what I want to know would free fall weight acted like a combustion if dropped from more than a 130 feet. like 12 gallons of water about 100 pounds. I think free fall a human reaches about a 120 mph dropping a 120 feet. I think it would need a flywheel to capture the impacted.

kolbacict

Interesting paradox.
In practice, try to move 200 kg. barrel on a flat, smooth, hard surface, for example, 10 meters.
How much energy do you spend on this. And now tilt the barrel on the edge of its bottom.
And roll the barrel on the edge of the bottom to a new place.This is much more easily.
:)

Willy

Quote from: kolbacict on May 21, 2023, 03:38:48 AM
Interesting paradox.
In practice, try to move 200 kg. barrel on a flat, smooth, hard surface, for example, 10 meters.
How much energy do you spend on this. And now tilt the barrel on the edge of its bottom.
And roll the barrel on the edge of the bottom to a new place.This is much more easily.

Its not a paradox.

In practice...

The same amount of energy is used  TO MOVE A BARREL on wheels
as is used to slide the barrel. 

In the case of sliding the barrel, a greater amount of additional energy is used
TO OVERCOME FRICTION
    than
the is amount of additional energy used to overcome friction when instead, a
barrel is rolled.

The PORTION of the energy that goes into MOVING THE BARREL is the same, in
both cases.

Willy

Quote from: frii143 on May 21, 2023, 01:18:58 AM
what I want to know would free fall weight acted like a combustion if dropped from more than a 130 feet. like 12 gallons of water about 100 pounds. I think free fall a human reaches about a 120 mph dropping a 120 feet. I think it would need a flywheel to capture the impacted.

You know the answer.

Cloxxki

Quote from: kolbacict on May 21, 2023, 03:38:48 AM
Interesting paradox.
After the rolling, you still need to raise it back up.
If the barrel is on perfectly slippery ice, rolling doesn't help anymore any, because you are first lifting the barrel to its tipping point to tilt and then losing a lot of nergy in the fall that needs to all be returned by you to put it back up straight.