Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse Motors- Your building them wrong.

Started by tinman, August 30, 2023, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: nightlife on August 30, 2023, 11:29:09 PM
Thanks for that video link. I have searched for years for someone that has done this. Not quite the same as I had in mind but results are close to what I expected. I see it has doubled the torque but it does not show that input power required has doubled using both poles opposed to one. To me, it's looks much more efficient using both rather then just one.
Another thing I noticed is that he is not switching the poles of the coil when the different poles of the magnets pass which would cause a resistance requiring more power. Over time, the core would become a magnet depending on what material is used as a core.
My idea was either a horseshoe style or 2 rims both lined with magnets rotating around a coil placed between the rotating rims. Other ideas included different shapes of magnets.
Regardless, that video proves most of what I stated to be true and I am betting that a better design would prove everything else I have said is true.
I can't afford the time it takes to build anything right now. I seriously don't have the time. I keep hoping that someone else would do it so I can quit thinking about it.
It just doesn't make sense to not use both poles of magnets or both poles of a electro magnet field.

That video is my video, and that is the motor i built.
I can tell you now that around 3 times the power was needed to that of a single sided pulse motor.
You may think you would only need the same amount of power, and get double the torque, but it does not work that way.
You introduce much more eddy current loss. You also need twice the force to remove both magnets from the core, instead of just the one magnet. In fact, i cannot think of any electric motor that uses both sides of the coil. One side normally sits against the steel housing of the motor, and loops back around to the opposite pole.

tinman

Quote from: nightlife on August 30, 2023, 11:47:18 PM
Measure the pull and energy used with one pole side Then measure the same with both poles used. I bet both pulls will be equal or close to it and energy used would not double and would be close to equal if not equal.
Both poles of a magnetic field are always equal. One can never be stronger or weaker then the other.

Been there, and done that.
What you are forgetting, is that it will take twice the pull to pull 2 magnets away from the core, instead of just one magnet.

You can have a magnet with say the north pole small and compressed, which results in a very strong field, while the south pole is spread out and weak.

nightlife

With a iron core I can see that being a issue but not with a air coil.

The field is exactly the same strength regardless of how it is manipulated. The compressed is mathematically equal to the spread out field. Compressing both at equal measurements equals equal strengths between both measurements.
Now think what would happen if his design used 1 or more pairs of half moon magnets. Then powered the coil before field contact, then shut off before center and then powered back on but with switched polarities and so on. The trigger would require 2 magnets per half moon. On then off between and back on with reversed polarity then off until the next and polarities switching with each trigger magnet. This concept is using his design but just modified.
I have others in mind but his design modified as stated would pretty much have the same results as any other using this concept.
If using a style north of south pole, the trigger would need to power before magnet and shut off before center if it's set up as attraction or powered after center if set up to repel. This design would require a horseshoe coil using one rim fitted with magnets or a coil between 2 rims lined with magnets like said before.

tinman

Quoteauthor=nightlife link=topic=19546.msg581812#msg581812 date=1693462946

Perhaps you don't know me ?
You keep referring to !him!, and i keep telling you that !him! is me- i'm the one in the video.
I have been designing and building pulse motors for the last 20 years, and have probably built and tested any design you could come up with.

QuoteNow think what would happen if his design used 1 or more pairs of half moon magnets. Then powered the coil before field contact, then shut off before center and then powered back on but with switched polarities and so on.

You just described a standard PM brushed DC motor, which works exactly like that.

QuoteThe trigger would require 2 magnets per half moon. On then off between and back on with reversed polarity then off until the next and polarities switching with each trigger magnet. This concept is using his design but just modified

No, you just use an NPN and PNP half bridge setup, which uses the standard pulse motor setup-1 magnet for the trigger coil.

Anyway, this is off topic some what.
Here in this thread, we will be building something different to any other pulse motor, which has useful torque, but uses the same amount of power as a standard pulse motor would using the same coils and magnets.

Feel free to jump on board, and build if you like.

Brad.

Thaelin

Also be mindful of the moment of inertia against the size and weight of the rotor(s) too. There is a sweet spot
thay