Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse Motors- Your building them wrong.

Started by tinman, August 30, 2023, 12:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnaProp

Got a coil wound up. Getting close to having it all mounted so I can add some power. Any last recommendations on how to power it up without burning stuff up? A coil seems kind of like a dead short to me. When I was little I wound some wire around a nail and connected it up to my model trail controller similar to the one shown here. It worked for a minute then I cranked up the juice and the train controller let out the magic smoke. I've never tried that since.

I recall the videos said to limit the amps to no more than 2. I'll have to check again for what voltage to use. Perhaps an electric thermometer would hel? That way I could keep tabs on the temp without risking getting shocked by touching it, to see if it's getting warm.

Thaelin

Remember TM's coil is 5 ohms as is mine. Another one I had was 1.5 and would take 3 amps easy at 30 volts and gave little pull factor. The on I have now is very close to the pull of the mags. Need a scale to set the wattage needed. I would bet your coil is say .5 ohms.
thay

Jimboot

Quote from: tinman on September 24, 2023, 07:42:20 AM
Hi Jim.
No, it is much the same.
The only change is the coil triggering system.
I now use a hall switch to switch on the transistor. I just glued 4 small PMs on the flywheel to trigger the hall.
This removes all those blades we were using in the opto interrupter system.

I see in your last video, you got down to just 7mA draw, with all those big blades attached to the flywheel.
Was that including the recycling of the inductive kickback ?, or was that just been burnt off ?

Brad
No recycling of kickback as was discussed in the other thread - https://youtu.be/D1lEQGVD1lk

MagnaProp

Quote from: Thaelin on September 25, 2023, 05:50:06 AM
Remember TM's coil is 5 ohms as is mine. Another one I had was 1.5 and would take 3 amps easy at 30 volts and gave little pull factor. The one I have now is very close to the pull of the mags. Need a scale to set the wattage needed. I would bet your coil is say .5 ohms.
thay
My multimeter is saying about .6 ohms so you were right. I need to watch those videos again. I just need to mount the scale then I can finally start some tests. I have a new found respect for how fast tinman puts together his builds.

Thaelin

A big thanks Jim, you cleared up one of my misgivings on how this could work. Seeing this in action showed the operation I could not visualize. Now it fits and get this up. I am having some med issues as of late that are getting in the way of things. Will be mounting the tabs this weekend after drilling the rotor plate.

Can you tell me what voltage you were using with the 28ma draw? Looking forward.

thay