Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Trojan ByteVerify

Started by hydrocontrol, February 14, 2007, 03:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hydrocontrol

While at home I came to the this site to check the forums and my Nortons intercepted this Trojan ByteVerify trojan horse. Did not give it much of a thought then I came to visit again from work and the Nortons at work intercepted the Trojan ByteVerify again. So two different machines at two different locations running Nortons have interecepted this Trojan ByteVerify trojan horse. Both showed up in the cache area after I came here. This looks a little more questionable. Like a possible problem. Anyone else notice this ?

Nortons info on this
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2003-090514-4048-99

ResinRat2

My McAfee detected one the other day too.

Maybe this is where it came from?

I couldn't say exactly where it was detected though.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

amos3v7

I've been coming to this site for several weeks now and haven't had a problem but when I signed in this time My nortons also picked up the same trojan right off the bat

FreeEnergy

this is probably coming from third party ads on this website.

hydrocontrol

Good. glad it was not just me... well sort of.... I am sure others here do not need a trojan... Hope everyone has their antivirus up to date.. I also figured it was some 3rd party ads... Just not sure which one since I did not pay that much attention to what was being displayed... Maybe next time I will take note of what ads are being displayed to try to help narrow it down.

After I posted this I noticed that the side ads where offering Anti trojan and Anti virus links.. Interesting.. Have a anti-virus ad link that provides a virus.. Ironic...