Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Stirling Cavitation Hybrid

Started by AUTOENHANCE, February 23, 2007, 05:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUTOENHANCE

I'm not sure if this has ever been considered before, but I ran across some info about cavitating heaters aka "Water Hammers" a few days ago. From what I could gather, they create bubbles in a liquid by spinning a special rotor inside of a cylinder at about 3000 rpm using an electric motor. The forces inside the cylinder cause the bubbles to heat up very quickly. One of these devices is claimed to create steam within a matter of seconds.

Now suppose you scaled down one of these heaters for use in an electric car. The drive motor would be run by normal batteries, but the batteries would be recharged by a stirling engine powered generator. The stirling would in turn be run by the heat  output of a cavitating heater. The heater could be on a seperate battery which could be charged periodically either by a roof mounted solar panel or a mains connection. From what I hear about these heaters, their suppose to be very efficent and I would assume that you could get pretty good mileage from a car. All the better if it were efficent enough to where only the heaters power source would ever need charging and not the cars main bank of batteries.

Just a thought!

RMG

AUTOENHANCE

Thanks for the link, although I didn't find anything in it to suggest that someone had tryed coupling the heater with a stirling engine. Maybe I'll post under that link.

Thanks!