Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Energy Sink

Started by philip, April 01, 2007, 10:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philip

Can anyone tell me, if energy is neither created or destroyed (they say), where does the energy go when torque is applied to forcibly precess a gyroscope. When torque is stopped the gyroscope will stop precessing though the angular velocity of spinning gyroscope does not alter if good bearings are used, no energy is lost or gained here. Neither does heat appear or disappear anywhere in/on the gyro/gyro shaft, again assuming good bearings are used. I could install some kind of high rpm gyro on a motor shaft, with an axis perpendicular to the motor shaft, power it up and have loads of energy output from the motor just, disappear (not that this is the purpose of this site to determine ways to make energy disappear).  Or have I missed something ???

Phil

Low-Q

Hi,

A gyroscope is as far as I know a spinning mass where there is almost no loss. Needle bearings, great mass, relatively great diameter (Together this is high moment), extremely high rpm. These gyroscopes are however to day old fashion as these mechanical gyroscopes are replaced by electronics.
The energy loss, however, is going through the needle bearings. How great this loss is, I don't know, but the relative energy loss versus the energy stored in the spinning mass, is quite insignificant and the gyroscope will spin for a long time. As soon as you try to extract more energy out of a gyroscope, it will use shorter time to stop. The energy you put in to start the gyroscope, minus the sum of all losses, is the energy you can get out of it. Hence no overunity.

Br.

Vidar

lancaIV

Probably this,the images, gives some inspiration:

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=JP56029066&F=0
GO TO "Original document"

S
  dL

philip

Thanks Low-Q. Yes I don't expect that there would be overunity however I am still thinking that there is negative - below zero efficiency to this. If you think about holding a spinning bicycle by the axle the wheel it resists any effort to change its axis of rotation. I am not sure that the energy used to change this axis translates to an increase in the rpm of the spinning wheel or appears as heat in the bearings. If you try it the wheel will eventually stop spinning, as it would due to friction, even as you continue to apply torque (work). I have included a GIF to show this. The reason this interests me is that if energy can be made to disappear perhaps this is something that could be reversed by mechanical means to obtain energy, and a lot of energy it could be.

Phil

electrostatic

Quote from: philip on April 01, 2007, 10:26:17 AM
Can anyone tell me, if energy is neither created or destroyed (they say), where does the energy go when torque is applied to forcibly precess a gyroscope. When torque is stopped the gyroscope will stop precessing though the angular velocity of spinning gyroscope does not alter if good bearings are used, no energy is lost or gained here. Neither does heat appear or disappear anywhere in/on the gyro/gyro shaft, again assuming good bearings are used. I could install some kind of high rpm gyro on a motor shaft, with an axis perpendicular to the motor shaft, power it up and have loads of energy output from the motor just, disappear (not that this is the purpose of this site to determine ways to make energy disappear).  Or have I missed something ???

Phil

are you sure the gyro wheel would not heat up?