Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Not o/u but still should get more attention, The stirling engine

Started by d3adp00l, April 16, 2007, 01:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3adp00l

Sorry guys I have a love for that small simple engine that could do alot for us. PV solar arrays just aren't cutting it for efficiency. I know a mainstream company is going to put up an array of solar stirlings somewhere I forget where. One of these days I would like to find an old 6 foot satelite dish line it with small mirrors and hit s stirling with that, or even a closed loop steam engine setup. As it is my house only draws 5 amp hours ave. I could proly tell the electric company to stuff it. While sitting here thinking about it why not a closed loop steam telsa turbine.
History is full of people who out of fear,
Or ignorance, or lust for power have
destroyed knowledge of immeasurable
value which truly belongs to us all.

WE must not let it happen again.
-Carl Sagan

Low-Q

That is not a bad idea. I believe big solar power stations are using this method already. Plenty of mirrors are hitting a black "thing" which heats up to unbelievable temperatures. The fluid inside heats up and makes high compressed steam which runs a turbine with a generator attached to it.

Br.

Vidar

d3adp00l

I was over on youtube and seen a vid with an old man with an 18" +/- dish, not even that mirrored and in the slight cloud cover running a small stirling. I just don't know why residential power systems take advantage of such things. I have seen the mirror tower, I think thats what you are refering to. And yes very impressive, but with stirling/closed loop system maybe it does have to be 20 arces of mirrors. Maybe I will see if I can't find a dish this summer and give it a go. One thing that has always bother me about people running stirlings, they never take advantage of water cooling the darn things, water cooling would kick the efficiency way way up. Air cooled stirlings are like air cooled cars (vw) not that great and on a system that depends on temp differencial the cooler the low temp side the better. I had a T.E.C. cooler on a computer just to see if they worked. air cooled it made more heat than cooled. When I watered cooled the TEC unit I was able to take a 500mhz pent slot1 and o/c it to 1ghz long before the 1gig chips came out.
History is full of people who out of fear,
Or ignorance, or lust for power have
destroyed knowledge of immeasurable
value which truly belongs to us all.

WE must not let it happen again.
-Carl Sagan

pese

it exist also some german companies that produce
this for "GARDEN" use . as  "Springbrunnen"  Sorry (german) (Jumping well = Google Translation !? Right ?)
Also  you can find some Ideas an invention on this link

http://www.jugendsolarprojekt.ch/Demo-Material.83.0.html

Pese
Skype Member: pesetr (daily 21:00-22:00 MEZ (Berlin) Like to discussing. German English Flam's French. Special knowledges in "electronic area need?
ask by messey, will help- so i can...

IronHead