Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Talking about phase...

Started by bob.rennips, July 01, 2007, 08:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn0stik

so that's it, anybody working on this thing?

rich

Grumpy

4017 is wired - coil is wired - no time to get too deep into it now.  Got 3 days vacation starting tomorrow - so next weekend I crank it up.  I used a CD74HC4017 - good to 50Mhz.   Prtty damn simple - I recommend everyone plug one in and check out the RMF.

Bifilar series, by the way - got to lt Tesla get a piece of the action...hehehe!!!  I'll get a picture up.   Bias coil is completely outside - only one vector effecting the RMF until t proves otherwise.

More later...

PS - Get your hands dirty!
It is the men of insight and the men of unobstructed vision of every generation who are able to lead us through the quagmire of a in-a-rut thinking. It is the men of imagination who are able to see relationships which escape the casual observer. It remains for the men of intuition to seek answers while others avoid even the question.
                                                                                                                                    -Frank Edwards

Bob Boyce

Hello @ all

I finally had a tiny break in the daily doctor trips and was able to actually spend a few hours out in the shop tonight starting on another core wind. I was able to get a couple of pictures to upload here.

This picture is of the core (MicroMetals T650-52), a roll of winding tape, a spool of magnet wire, a block of beeswax, and the heat gun I use to melt the wax.

Bob

Thaelin

Hi Bob:
   Really hate to have to bother you with this question but I can find no price on these torrids anywhere. Micrometals has much info but no prices. Can you give a ball park as to how much I am going to have to shell out for this. I have wound a torrid and then realize that it breaks every rule set down. So back to the start and do it by the papers.
   I see you are using regular enamel wire here. Will that suffice in making it run? I am not sure I can source the silver coated wire. Ready to fly with things on the controller now. Three parts on the way to finish it.

Thanks much

thaelin

Bob Boyce

Quote from: Thaelin on July 19, 2007, 04:00:11 AM
Hi Bob:
   Really hate to have to bother you with this question but I can find no price on these torrids anywhere. Micrometals has much info but no prices. Can you give a ball park as to how much I am going to have to shell out for this. I have wound a torrid and then realize that it breaks every rule set down. So back to the start and do it by the papers.
   I see you are using regular enamel wire here. Will that suffice in making it run? I am not sure I can source the silver coated wire. Ready to fly with things on the controller now. Three parts on the way to finish it.

Thanks much

thaelin

You will have to submit a sample quote request from micrometals for the number of cores you want. Back when I sourced mine, they were only US $25 each (in qty of 3) + shipping. Others have been given higher quotes, probably due to increased demand and location.

I am using regular wire for that winding because the longitudinally wound bias winding is a DC winding, not HF.

Sure, you can use magnet wire for the HF transverse windings, at reduced efficiency. I shall leave it for others to explain why the silver plating on the wire makes it more desirable at HF. And before the Litze wire recomendations start pouring in, keep it in mind that the more random nature of the intertwisted insulated conductors makes precision control of the fields nearly impossible! Stranded wire is bad enough due to the field perturbations caused by the twists and bumps in the conductor group surfaces. This is why I go through the extra difficulty of sourcing solid mil-spec silver plated wire. But stranded ml-spec silver plated teflon insulated wire is still better than magnet wire.

I have to take off now to go pick up materials from a machine shop.

Laters.
Bob