Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

peoples selfish attitudes

Started by d3adp00l, July 13, 2007, 02:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aphasiac

I dunno. At university, I enjoyed the benefit of countless scholarships and grants, and used academic resources daily that were all, or mostly, established by the generosity of philanthropists.

I've spent countless hours sitting in front of computers and equipment supplied by the Bill Gates foundation, and every week, I take my  daughter to play soccer in a beautiful park that was donated entirely by one local philanthropist.

And then  I come here, to this forum, where I ask questions and where people (who know much more than me and who have no vested interest in me or my success) donate their time and patience and encouragement.

I only know that I can't even begin to appreciate all the extras I enjoy because of private benefactors. But I do try to reciprocate where I can, because that's exactly what most of us are driven to do.

--Mark.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. --Proust

ring_theory

Quote from: d3adp00l on July 13, 2007, 02:29:39 AM
I constantly run into people who, if they had an idea that would work they would simply sell it to the highest bidder so they could live in luxury. Why is it that 99% of all people would gladly step on everyone around them to elevate their own position? Its rather disgusting. One individual was trying to convince me just today that getting on the "inside" would be his only goal, so he could benefit and who cares about everyone else. Why can't people understand that to knowingly allow a technical breakthrough to be shelved just so they could benefit would actually hurt them, and to elevate everyone would be the only way to benefit. These super rich people need to be removed and their strangle hold on the basic building block of society needs to be eliminated. The basic starting point of all of our societies is its supply of energy, that is what provides for, allows, and creates the ability to be an industrial nation, control of it means the control of all things of a nation, the second method is to control its money.

Just in case you havn't noticed there are people out there that are dirt poor and just to pay the bills and eat is a struggle. Do you know what it's like to be on welfare, or a fixed income? Have you ever woke up not knowing how or where your next meal is going to come from?? have you ever stood in line at the food pantry just to get a few cans of food and a loaf of bread?? better yet have you ever had to stand in line at a mission just to get a meal?? I could go on all day the situation of a poor person. The picture i would paint would be filled with horrors. Have you ever had to dumpster dive at a fast food resteraunt like mcdonalds after they close just to get food?? Have you been humiliated in these manners?? well I have!

Where was all the so called good and caring people when i was sleeping next to a pop machine in the winter just to get a little heat? None around! just a stupid cop telling me to move on. not even offering the warmth of his patrol car for a minute while he ran a wants and warrants. This is just a minute fraction of what has happened to me in my lifetime of 43 years. there was no random acts of kindness!! NOBODY and i mean NOBODY helped me to develop or fund my technologies! Therfore nobody has vested interests in my technologies, and i will do with them what i want. So far that's shown to be to open source and offer for independant research. So all the hardness that i have experianced in my lifetime has not hardened my heart twards those that have chose to not act or give of themselfs in a manner that would suit a random act of kindness. 

The selfish attitude here is the one that expects the poor man with possibly the only concept that would help mankind in a plithora of manners to just give it away!  It's not as important that they, them, the inventor ask money for their product of labors. It's what they intend to do with the monies! As if helping mankind in a plithora of manners isn't enough?  I think it would be fun to be filthy rich! A few cans of food and a loaf of bread? many pantries would require a pickup truck to haul that gift away. It would be fun to take all the financial worries away from unsuspecting families that are obviously struggling.
I would double whatever Bill Gates put twards educational grants and never report it as a tax deduction. the monies would go back to the people. It would be fun to justify it as random acts of kindness.

I have endured many harships and see where the money really needs to go. Those with TOO MUCH money have not likely endoured the hardships and subsequent humilities involved or have forgotten what it is like at the street level.

It's not enough to put humility in your pocket so to speak, You must from time to time take it out and revisit it for the heart to remain humbled. - Ring 

ResinRat2

Quote from: ring_theory on July 13, 2007, 12:35:29 PM

So all the hardness that i have experianced in my lifetime has not hardened my heart twards those that have chose to not act or give of themselfs in a manner that would suit a random act of kindness.   

And this, Ring, to the benefit of us all is from the charity in your heart.

I remember not too long ago hearing a statement from someone I must admit I did not have much respect for, but it was something that woke my mind to a person's purpose in this world. In a nutshell it was this:

If you do not use the talents you have been given on this earth to help others, then in the end, your life will amount to NOTHING!
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

d3adp00l

At first I thought I might agree that 99% is a bit high, then I thought about it and actually I think its probably accurate. This might be a way to explain it better. If you could build a device that would be in demand for, say 1000.00 total cost, and say, for instance market analysis says you could sell it without a problem for 10,000.00. What would you do?
History is full of people who out of fear,
Or ignorance, or lust for power have
destroyed knowledge of immeasurable
value which truly belongs to us all.

WE must not let it happen again.
-Carl Sagan

ring_theory

Quote from: d3adp00l on July 13, 2007, 10:43:41 PM
At first I thought I might agree that 99% is a bit high, then I thought about it and actually I think its probably accurate. This might be a way to explain it better. If you could build a device that would be in demand for, say 1000.00 total cost, and say, for instance market analysis says you could sell it without a problem for 10,000.00. What would you do?

out the door $1010.00 However two of my inventions can be constructed for around $20 in actual materials and fit in the palm of your hand. ofcourse it will be less per unit once manufacturing gains effiency. I would be happy to get $21 per unit. anyways i know that there is going to be an extreemly high demand in the electronics market. billions of units will be demanded instantly upon release.

selling the right's for it to be shelved is out of the question! I'll remain poor if that's the case.