Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

no infinity

Started by vondesastre, August 14, 2007, 08:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no infinity

bad math
new math

timmy1729

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on December 02, 2008, 01:07:15 PM

so the quantum zeno effect is nonsense then? archimedes and aristotle are nonsense then as well? the only nonsense i see here is your delusions of grandeur about math majors...
mathematics still hasn't resolved how i ever get from a to b if there are an infinite amount of 'places' between... go ahead and try, bigger men than you have failed. if you meant aleph null, THEN SPECIFY ALEPH NULL.
"communicating badly and then acting smug when misunderstood is not cleverness" -randall munroe
irrelevant
also irrelevant.
my, aren't you pretentious. honestly, i don't really care what you did on who. i took calc and trig in 10th and 11th grade and more in college 20 odd years ago, big whoop. i can do math as well as you. you paid someone to teach you math and now you assume yourself an authority? i guess you would have to wouldn't you? have to make such an assumption to rationalize paying someone to teach you math  ;)
i think i'll leave it until you can explain to my satisfaction how i ever get from a to b if there are an infinite amount of 'places' between. i'm not making anything but an observation that you can't reconcile...

So, I take it you don't buy the sum of an infinite series argument against it then?

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: timmy1729 on December 02, 2008, 02:52:45 PM
So, I take it you don't buy the sum of an infinite series argument against it then?
since there are several questions i posed to you that you have NOT answered yet, why should i humor you with a response?
as i said, i think i'll leave it until you can explain to my satisfaction how i ever get from a to b if there are an infinite amount of 'places' between.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

timmy1729

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on December 02, 2008, 01:07:15 PM

so the quantum zeno effect is nonsense then? archimedes and aristotle are nonsense then as well? the only nonsense i see here is your delusions of grandeur about math majors...
mathematics still hasn't resolved how i ever get from a to b if there are an infinite amount of 'places' between... go ahead and try, bigger men than you have failed. if you meant aleph null, THEN SPECIFY ALEPH NULL.
"communicating badly and then acting smug when misunderstood is not cleverness" -randall munroe
irrelevant
also irrelevant.
my, aren't you pretentious. honestly, i don't really care what you did on who. i took calc and trig in 10th and 11th grade and more in college 20 odd years ago, big whoop. i can do math as well as you. you paid someone to teach you math and now you assume yourself an authority? i guess you would have to wouldn't you? have to make such an assumption to rationalize paying someone to teach you math  ;)
i think i'll leave it until you can explain to my satisfaction how i ever get from a to b if there are an infinite amount of 'places' between. i'm not making anything but an observation that you can't reconcile...

Man, if I had a mastery of the English language, I would be an English major instead. You think I’m a complete idiot. Well, you’re probably right, due to the school systems I attended and the quality of education they provided. So, yeah, compared to about 99% of people on this board I am a blathering idiot. I don’t need you to remind me that my degree won’t be worth anything when I graduate. I am well aware of that. That will be the most expensive worthless piece of paper I will ever own and it probably won't get me a damn thing.

I really was only trying to help. But, I guess I’m too much of a ‘tard to be of any use. It’s guys like you that remind me why I wasn’t a social person for many years. You couldn’t simply PM me and tell me I was wrong and why and politely ask me to stay out of this thread. Had you, I would’ve deleted my post myself and never looked at it again. No, you had to publicly try to humiliate me using everything I said against me. So, your wish is granted. I’ll stop “trying to help.”

I do feel sorry for you though. It must be hard going through life with such a hateful and sadistic attitude.

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: timmy1729 on December 02, 2008, 05:12:31 PM
Man, if I had a mastery of the English language, I would be an English major instead. You think I’m a complete idiot. Well, you’re probably right, due to the school systems I attended and the quality of education they provided. So, yeah, compared to about 99% of people on this board I am a blathering idiot. I don’t need you to remind me that my degree won’t be worth anything when I graduate. I am well aware of that. That will be the most expensive worthless piece of paper I will ever own and it probably won't get me a damn thing.

I really was only trying to help. But, I guess I’m too much of a ‘tard to be of any use. It’s guys like you that remind me why I wasn’t a social person for many years. You couldn’t simply PM me and tell me I was wrong and why and politely ask me to stay out of this thread. Had you, I would’ve deleted my post myself and never looked at it again. No, you had to publicly try to humiliate me using everything I said against me. So, your wish is granted. I’ll stop “trying to help.”

I do feel sorry for you though. It must be hard going through life with such a hateful and sadistic attitude.

i never said you're a tard. i did say you were a bit pretentious and i stand by that. popping in saying "i'm a math major, trust me".
i don't know it rubbed me the wrong way. engineers do it to me all the time too. its funny when you ask them if its fun to drive train after they say trust me, i'm an engineer ;)
i apologize.
you did offer some good advice in georg cantor and to study some real analysis, set theory and number theory too. most people are too afraid of math. i was a bit one sided earlier in not mentioning that.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

timmy1729

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on December 03, 2008, 03:14:38 AM
i never said you're a tard. i did say you were a bit pretentious and i stand by that. popping in saying "i'm a math major, trust me".
i don't know it rubbed me the wrong way. engineers do it to me all the time too. its funny when you ask them if its fun to drive train after they say trust me, i'm an engineer ;)
i apologize.
you did offer some good advice in georg cantor and to study some real analysis, set theory and number theory too. most people are too afraid of math. i was a bit one sided earlier in not mentioning that.

Accepted.

I do have a talent for coming across as an arse without knowing it.

Speaking of Cantor and infinity, I attached a comic you might find amusing.