Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla Switch need help

Started by TheOne, September 16, 2007, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groundloop

Thaelin

Hey Guys:
   I did play around with this type of circuit a bit. I used only the 3 batt style and manually switched it using a car stop lamp for the load. I did run the batts down after a while. The light would draw around .9 amps.
   The point I wanted to make is to caution you all on the frequency of this switch. If I remember right, the switching time was 100 to 300 hz and any more than that was dangerous. Have no idea why on that but just bringing it up.
   Just make sure your switch on to switch off has a small lag in it so as not to cause a direct short. Even for just an instant would waste energy from the batts and possible excessive heating on the transistors.

Groundloop, I like the design you did so much I will have to set it up. I have a sack full of darlingtons and so guess they need a home.   :D

Think I will just use 555's and use one to trigger the other with variable duty to make sure no overlap happens. Cheers.

thaelin

Groundloop

Super

Quote from: Groundloop on December 23, 2007, 03:31:04 PM
@Super,

Sometimes I wonder if people really read the texts and circuit drawings.  ;D

The optocoupler I will use is the H11D1. If you look at the data sheet for that IC you will see that it can switch on or off in 5uSec. (Thats 5 micro second.) My transistor can handle up to 30 MHz. This is much faster than that. So the limiting switch speed for this circuit is 5 uSec. I think this is fast enough.

Yes a RS232 or USB tuning whould be nice. I have done a lot of them before. But in this project I think I keep it as simple as possible. You can probably use a 555 timer also.

I have done all the Bedini stuff so I do not need to research more on that.

Groundloop.

Hey Groundloop, you are right, reading before writing is always the better way  :)
sorry for that ...

QuoteI have done all the Bedini stuff so I do not need to research more on that.

Great to hear that, i'm 100% sure that you will get the same results as Bill Nelson and Ron Cole got.

Enough from me, will be quite and see what happens  :D

best luck, Super

Groundloop