Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Low friction gravity wheel utilizing SMOT for pulse boost

Started by Pirate88179, October 07, 2007, 01:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

Hans:

Thanks for the video.  I am not sure what he was attempting but that is not what I am proposing.  I will try to build it next week and post some videos along the way.  I can do that easier than to attempt to draw it.  I can make good drawings but I have no easy way to digitize them.  I see some people use ms paint on here.  I have no idea how they do it.  I have tried to draw using my mouse and it ends up looking like a drunken blind man had created it.

I may be going down yet another dead end but, I enjoy the trip each time. Thanks.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

hansvonlieven

G'day Bill,

The point of the video is that this guy has figured out an arrangement where he enters the ramp without undue repulsion and gets past the point of natural swing, combine that with gravity and you might have something.

It is worthy of study and might be helpful with your proposal.

It's quite impressive though, don't you think?

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

Pirate88179

Hans:

Yes, ok, now I see it.  I first thought he had fiqured out a way to turn 3/4 of the way around, and that's all.  Yes, this is exacly my point. to combine the SMOT or whatever you want to call it, with the gravity on the down side of the well balanced, low-friction, vertical wheel for just enough of a pulse or push to get past the zero position (12:00).  I think I can do it with just four magnets in an adjustable "V" as in the SMOT. The sphere, or whatever shape I end up using, would be mounted on the circumference of the wheel. (As in 26" dia bicycle wheel and axle assembly)  I was thinking that as the sphere would naturally begin to fall due to gravity on the downside (clockwise rotation) one might be able to adjust the magnets for a small pulse.  If they are positioned correctly, I believe that as the sphere approaches the sticking point, the velocity from the pulse and the max gravity at the 3:00 position might carry it through. Also, I think one might be able to angle the assembly such that when the sphere approaches the maximum sticking point, the radius of the rotation would already be pulling it away from the assembly, somewhat replicating the SMOT where the sphere drops off the rail and "falls" out of the sticking spot.

I am going to view the video several more times to see what can be learned from it.  Thanks Hans.

Bill

Pirate88179

Very, very crude drawing of what I am speaking about.  Maybe this should be called 1/4 baked ideas?

Bill

Low-Q

Quote from: Pirate88179 on October 07, 2007, 06:20:14 PM
Low-Q:

I agree with what you state however I don't think you understand what I am proposing. I wish I had the drafting software to make up a sketch.  When I say, "closed loop" with the SMOT, I intended to mean utilizing the very small amount of output from the SMOT to make the wheel go past the 12:00 position thereby effectively closing the loop for the cycle to begin again. I have been told the SMOT puts out very little, this should be all I need although you may be correct and this may not be enough. I don't believe it is possible to "overbalance" a wheel without a pulse from an exterior source.  The SMOT was where I was thinking of obtaining this pulse. I know that the pulse created by the SMOT will be nulled by the "sticking point" unless gravity is used as in the videos I have seen. This is what I am proposing.  Anyway, it won't take much time or money to explore this and I should have my materials by next week so, I will see. Equilibrium may still rule. If nothing else, it keeps me out of trouble. (Smile)

Bill
The problem is that a SMOT, even a single one in your setup, will not work - because:

Lets say the rotor stops at 11:50 without the SMOT - as you probably already has discovered. I am quite sure the rotor will stop at the exact same place with a SMOT included. The SMOT will provide extra force to accelerate the rotor a little bit more, but not before 12:05 - 12:10 or so. Well the SMOT provides extra accceleration to the rotor at this state. No doubt about that. What you miss in your view however, is that it requires force to enter the SMOT as well. Maybe not at 11:50 to 12:00, but maybe at 11:30 to 11:50 or so. The rotor will accelerate from 11:50 to 12:10 because of the SMOT, but it will also deaccelerate equally between, let's say, 06:20 and 06:40, leaving the rotor in the same speed between 06:40 and 11:30 - as it was without the SMOT.

A SMOT is in sum of one revolution nothing more than a complex magnet that provides as much force as it provides counter force. If you could look at the magnetic fields of a SMOT if made infenitely small, the magnetic fields would act exactly like a single magnet. In other words, one single magnet would do the same job as a SMOT in the same device. Sorry, but thats how it works in real life.

Br.

Vidar